RN Nurse Residency Program for Home Hospice
UnityPoint at Home Quad Cities (50 mile radius-mileage reimbursement)
8am-5pm Monday through Friday UnityPoint at Home is seeking RN students graduating in December 2020 and May/August 2021 to join our next cohorts starting February 2021 and July/October 2021. Apply now and send your resume to our Recruiter, Sammy at Samantha.Widener@unitypoint.org Why should you consider starting your RN Career in Home Hospice?
- UnityPoint at Home understands that new nurses need more on-the-job training than experienced nurses. You will have that and more in the UnityPoint at Home Residency Program which has been created to build on the skills you have learned in school and through clinicals while also allowing for an individualized preceptor experience.
- Home care nurses work one-on-one with patients, many for a long time. You'll have the opportunity to know your patients, which helps you to provide the best care. Your patients will be in their homes, where they are comfortable and receptive to your suggestions.
- The UnityPoint at Home Nurse Residency program has dedicated preceptors who help you smoothly transition from a student nurse to a competent and confident professional RN.
- The Nurse Residency Program helps you grow along with other new RNs in your cohort, and meet regularly with experienced mentors, to offer support and socialization into your new role.
- The changing needs of your patients and their conditions mean that you'll be utilizing a variety of skills. If the patient is new, you'll begin with assessments and create their care plan. As you progress in our Residency Program, your experience increases and from there you'll gain autonomy in deciding the best care for each patient.
Responsibilities Program Highlights
Nurse Resident Required Program Participation during the 12 month program:
- A 12-month program to smooth transition into practice.
- A series of thoughtfully developed classes that will enhance skills in critical thinking, assessment, leadership and clinical decision making.
- Participation in this program is a part of the regular work assignment.
- Classroom instruction specific to the clinical area using a focused case study approach to learning.
- Clinical Experience under the guidance of an experience Preceptor.
- Ongoing continuing education and professional development opportunities.
- Dedicated nurse educators are available both during and following the program.
- SIM Labs
- Monthly educational seminars
- Meeting touchpoints as scheduled
- Completion of Residency Project
- Completion of Residency Portfolio
- Graduate of State Board approved program for Registered Nurses.
- CPR: Maintain a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Card with Re-certification.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Strong computer skills.
- Valid licensed driver with automobile insurance in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements.
- BSN or BS in health related field
Posting ID: 594797787Posted: 2021-02-24