"It makes me feel good knowing that we make the residents' lives better. We laugh with them, cry with them, sing and dance with them - we brighten their day. Working here is an unbelievable privilege and it will be something I carry with me for the rest of my life!"
- Sunrise Team Member
At Sunrise, our Sous Chef is responsible for the preparation and serving of meals, sanitation of food service areas, accurate record keeping, receiving, rotating and inventory of products and regulatory compliance.
SOUS CHEF position available: Bethesda, Maryland's outstanding, pre-eminent Club and Residences is now interviewing for the position of Sous-Chef to join our wonderful Culinary Team. The Community's Owners and Residents are approximately 365 in total number, residing in their beautiful and well appointed, independent condominiums. The amenities offer 4 separate dining venues, which include a fine dining restaurant, a more relaxed dining venue, a Grill Room, a Café, as well as a bar and cocktail lounge, and a Country store providing many goods.
The successful candidate will need to have at least 5 years of experience as a Sous-Chef, with fine dining as well as upscale Catering experience, in establishments that are qualitative in reputation. Graduation from an accredited Culinary educational program is beneficial, but not a requirement. Passion for, and dedication to the Culinary arts is of major importance, as well as administrative and HR capabilities in this important leadership position within the Food and Beverage Department.
- Serving the residents in our community and as a key member of the dining services team, you will ensure all special dietary needs are met and prepare texture modified food as directed
- Ensuring to follow the specially prepared Sunrise menus and production sheets to maintain the highest possible quality and consistency
- Being in compliance with all record keeping, food safety and risk management requirements are essential
- Maintains a current ServSafe® certificate (food services sanitation certificate) or able to participate in the food services sanitation training to become ServSafe® certified
- Five (5) year job related experience
- A culinary apprenticeship or training is preferred
- A high School diploma or GED accepted
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication, be competent in organizational, time management skills and demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to serve seniors in a team environment
- Prior long term care and supervisory experience is preferred
Sunrise maintains a safe and drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a background check and drug test.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families.
At Sunrise, you will...
Make a Difference Every Day
We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
We care for residents and each other, and offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
You have the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally, and achieve your career goals.
Posting ID: 595276104Posted: 2021-02-21