Are you interested in diving more into Mortgage delinquencies and defaults? What causes them? Which of the existing default prevention tools work best? Can you predict them? What external available data such as Census and BLS data can be merged with the data already available to enhance the predictions. Can you prevent them before they occur? If these are the questions that interest you and you think you can help answer, we are looking for you to join our team that is supporting HUD’s FHA. You will have the option of applying your skills to other similar projects for other clients as well.
As a Data Scientist and a Team Lead/Alternate PM, you will be responsible for using advanced statistical, algorithmic, machine learning, data mining and visualization techniques to help advance and complete client projects. You must be able to communicate complex quantitative analyses in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to management and executive level audiences. You must be able to mentor existing team members in responding to the customer needs.
- Working directly with client stakeholders to understand and define analysis objectives and then translate these into actionable results.
- Obtaining data from multiple, disparate data sources including structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Using machine learning and data mining technique to understand the patterns in large volumes of data, identify relationships detect data anomalies, and classify data sets.
- Work with Data Engineers to perform data wrangling, cleansing, aggregation, and transform the data
- Work with Visualization Engineers to build visualizations to communicate the results
- Designing and building algorithms and predictive models using techniques such as linear and logistic regression, support vector machines, ensemble models (random forest and/or gradient boosted trees), neural networks, and clustering techniques.
- Deploying predictive models and integrating them into business processes and applications.
- Validating and optimizing model performance upon deployment and tracking over time as necessary.
- Presenting complex analysis results tailored to different audiences (e.g. technical, manager, executive) in a highly consumable and actionable form including the use of data visualizations.
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science or a similar field.
- Six years of relevant technical experience.
- Active PMP certification preferred.
- Experience with analytics tools such as ThoughtSpot and Tableau.
- Experience working in an AWS environment with AWS tools highly preferred.
- 3+ years in a hands-on role performing advanced predictive analytics using tools like Python and R.
- 3+ years writing simple to complex SQL queries to obtain data from multiple source systems.
- 3+ years using data mining methods, such as clustering analysis and anomaly detection, to understand data patterns and select appropriate predictive techniques.
- Proficient understanding of relational (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) and Big Data distributed structures (Hadoop/Spark) in order to source data effectively.
- Experience using advanced analytics techniques for fraud detection and prevention preferred.
- Experience building machine learning models for production environment preferred.
- Experience with Jupyter Notebook or similar preferred.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to interact directly with non-technical client stakeholders and act in a business-to-technical translation role.
- Experience following PMI standards to manage IT projects through the project lifecycles of initiation, planning, execution and closure, allocation of manpower resources, IT solutions, enforcing policies, procedures and best practices and recommendations for the improvement of IT systems.
- Experience working within the Agile Scrum Framework.
- Self-motivated and self-managing.
- Proficient in creating reasonable and accurate time estimates for assigned tasks.
Selected candidate will have to undergo Federal Background Investigation.Authorization to work in the US is required (A1FED will not sponsor work visa)
A1FED is a fast growing small business supporting the federal government. We’re passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable our clients achieve their goals. We provide the tools and resources to help you be successful, and our culture fosters an environment in which idea sharing and collaboration is essential.
A1FED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We participate in E-Verify.
Posting ID: 595696191Posted: 2021-02-28