Position Summary: About Us
The Baltimore County Employees Federal Credit Union (BCEFCU) is a non-for-profit financial institution serving the employees of Baltimore County Government, Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC), Gilchrist Hospice Care, Sheppard Pratt Health System, and other Select Employee Groups. Many of our members are essential workers who are vital to ensure the continuation of critical infrastructure operations. Every day, we strive to serve them as they serve the members of our community. We do what is right for our members…because they do right by us!
Position Summary We have an immediate opening for a Call Center Representative at our Towson Branch Office.
This position is responsible for processing requests for account-related services, providing product and service information, and resolving problems. Call Center employees provide exceptional service to members by identifying their needs and suggesting product and service solutions that will meet those needs and have continuous member contact in a call center environment. Essential Functions
1. Actively sells Credit Union products and services based on member needs.
2. Maintains up to date knowledge of Credit Union banking technology including but not limited to online and mobile banking, bill pay, and payment systems in order to demonstrate services to members, answer questions, and resolve problems related to their use.
3. Enrolls new members, establishes deposit accounts, and processes requests for account-related services.
4. Provides technical assistance and problem solving for online banking, mobile banking (both Apple and Android), Bill Pay, and other electronic services by providing enrollment assistance, password resets, and related tasks.
5. Fulfills a variety of account servicing requests, such as address changes, check orders, and stop payment orders.
6. Processes direct deposit, payroll deduction, and automatic transfer requests.
7. Orders debit and ATM cards and assists members with a variety of debit and credit card services including account inquiries and processing lost/stolen requests.
8. Resolves product, service, and account problems by clarifying members’ issues, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve problems, initiating solutions, and following up to ensure resolution.
9. May perform the functions of a Notary Public.
Education and Experience
This position requires the following:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Two years of customer service experience is preferred
Other Qualifications 1. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment credit check and criminal background check as a condition of employment.
2. Proficient use of personal computers, internet applications, web browsers, e-mail, and various Windows-based software applications including word processing.
3. Intermediate knowledge of electronic banking products (such as online and mobile banking, bill pay, and payment systems), deposit accounts, transaction accounts, and related services.
Work Schedule & Location The primary location for this position is in Towson, Maryland. This is a full-time, non-exempt position requiring 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hours per day). Must be available to work between the hours of 7:45 am and 6:15 pm (Monday through Friday). This position also requires the ability to work approximately one - two Saturdays per month, from 8:30am to 12:30pm. Saturdays are worked at our Perry Hall Branch. The ability to work at all of our branches in the Baltimore area is required. The ability to work an adjusted work schedule, additional Saturday hours. The ability to attend meetings, training programs, or to conduct other business within the Baltimore area is required.
Physical Demands This job requires the incumbent to frequently remain in a stationary position and requires the occasional moving about the office and occasional moving of items typically weighing 25 pounds or less. This job requires the occasional positioning of oneself to items near the floor for filing or retrieval of various items. The ability to communicate with others in person and by telephone is required. Must be able to operate a computer and keyboard and other machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, facsimile machine, and computer printer. Must be able to inspect and/or observe documents, computer screens, reports, and similar communication.
Keeping You Safe During the Pandemic
As an organization that serves many essential workers, we have continued to maintain on site operations throughout the Coronavirus pandemic. While we remain open for business, the health and safety of everyone inside our branches is a top priority! Following CDC guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are taking precautionary measures including the modification of lobby hours, requiring face coverings, and the enforcement of social distancing guidelines. The branches are cleaned and sanitized daily, and hand sanitizer is available to all visitors and employees.