Full time position. Job duties may require holding/lifting patients to or onto exam table. Ability to sit and/or stand periodically during the workday. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times.
- Screens patients according to FCHC protocols (i.e. obtaining vital signs, height, weight, vision/hearing testing) and any other procedures directed by the supervising provider/Clinical Coordinator, or Clinical Support Leaders.
- Performs accurate charting in medical record in accordance with FCHC policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance to nurses and providers as needed.
- Maintain exam rooms and work areas (i.e. keeping well-stocked, orderly and clean, to include disinfecting exam tables between patients as per infection control policy).
- Perform phlebotomy/fingerstick as permitted by training.
- Administers injections according to position requirements (i.e., subcutaneous, intramuscular and intradermal injections).
- Perform procedures, as ordered (i.e., EKGs, nebulizer treatments, pulse oximeter, ear lavages, etc).
- Able to accurately make/cancel/reschedule appointments in the computer appointment system. Able to follow-up on appointment to determine patient compliance and contact patients to reschedule (no-show policy).
- Maintain strict infection control (i.e., sterilizing instruments, performing procedures, needle disposal, etc.).
- Have current knowledge of and participate in maintenance of drug assistance programs.
- Understand all emergency protocols and respond accordingly.
- Understand and assist in the referral process of patients to outside services or providers. Follow-up on patient referrals, as necessary
- Understand mandatory reporting of child/elder abuse policy and procedure.
- Understand State requirements for reporting of communicable diseases and offering of special labs for pregnant patients.
- Understand and utilize the VFC program where applicable and document accurately including 680 forms and vaccine administration records.
- Counsel patients per treatment plan (i.e., diet, exercise, medication, etc.)
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. Must be able to identify and categorize each patient’s age-specific grouping of needs, such as those for infant, adolescent, or geriatric patients.
- Performs in-house waived testing, after they are quality controlled, which may include some or all of the following: pregnancy tests, hemocue/Hemoglobin, glucometer, urine dip, hemoccult-stool, oraquick, or throat swab. Each test will be done according to directions/procedure and results logged in patients medical record.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proof of satisfactory completion of an approved medical assistant program or nursing assistant program; or
- One (1) year of experience in a medical related field.
- Registered and Certified Medical Assistants must maintain current RMA/CMA certification.
- Current CPR certification.
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Bilingual preferred
- Strong Customer relations skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
* This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Medical license/certification: CPR Certification
- Medical license/certification: Medical Assitant Certification
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- 18 years or older
Posting ID: 596527071Posted: 2021-05-01Job Title: Medical Assistant