Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For 90 years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 30,600 people worldwide in 399 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking a service-oriented individual to join its Los Angeles Office to serve as an Air Specialist. This position will work closely with our customers to coordinate and communicate all aspects of air export & air import shipments for DACHSER USA s Air & Sea Logistics division.
Responsibilities of the position include:
Requirements of the position include:
- Coordinates customer air freight shipments with vendors, shippers, truckers and airlines.
- Executes air shipments according to documentation and maintains understanding of INCO Terms.
- Arranges deliveries for inland transportation and follows up to ensure shipments have reached their final destinations.
- Converts and verifies shipment weight and volume. Calculates rates and price conversions.
- Arranges timely and accurate billing.
- Responsible for audit compliance and adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintains communications with customers, carriers, vendors and other Dachser offices.
- Prepares issues and submits documentation to ensure proper movement of cargo.
- Provides clients with information and guidance concerning terms of delivery & payment, insurance, services or other matters affecting the their needs.
- Ensures that invoicing of rendered services is completed accurately and in a timeframe consistent with company processes and policies.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in Air Freight preferred.
- Hazardous Materials experience a plus.
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service required, while maximizing profit.
- Strong knowledge of Air Freight, TSA regulations, and documentation.
- Flexible attitude and the ability to adapt to changes readily.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
- Professional demeanor, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Stellar organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within a team environment where keeping open communication among your colleagues is vital.
DACHSER USA offers a generous benefits package and competitive salary.
Apply Online Below
DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
Posting ID: 596718455Posted: 2021-02-11