The Residence Inn by Marriott Berkeley is a new 17-story hotel with 331 suites, located at 2129 Shattuck Avenue in downtown Berkeley, California, 94704 adjacent to the Museum of Modern Art. Steps away from the University of California, Berkeley and across the street from direct access to San Francisco and Oakland California via BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit System). The ground floor will include an expansive hotel lobby, breakfast space and gathering areas to work or socialize. The Hotel has an Outdoor Public Terrace at level 3, with approximately 9,000 square feet of flexible indoor function space. An Outdoor Bar, Restaurant and Deck on the 12th floor provides guests with sweeping views of the beautiful East Bay Hills and World Famous University of California, Berkeley.
Description Join the Brand-New Residence Inn by Marriott Berkeley!
Opening this fall, Berkeley's newest hotel destination, The Residence Inn by Marriott Berkeley, will offer guests contemporary apartment-style accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, separate living spaces and thoughtful modern amenities. Located in the heart of Downtown Berkeley, this 17 story property with 331 suites will feature over 15,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space and a rooftop restaurant and bar with expansive and inspiring views of the city.
We are looking for energetic, passionate and driven leaders to join our opening team for this beautiful brand-new property! The Residence Inn by Marriott Berkeley will embrace our employees through a culture of care, focused on giving respect, offering support and providing rewards.
At this time, we are seeking an outgoing, dynamic, sales leader to join us as our Director of Catering & Conference Services.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the daily operations of the Conference Services and Catering departments to achieve guest satisfaction. Takes charge of all meeting arrangement actives once the sale is complete.
- Book and detail catering only groups
- Negotiate food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines. Work closely with Executive Chef on menu design and concepts pricing for catering events.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal sales goals. Assist management in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel. Complete forecasts, plans, and sales production reports.
- Conduct site inspections for booked events and plans required services with meeting planners
- Develop a working relationship with clients to facilitate the booking of future business
- Coordinate with meeting planners and other executives, develop service schedule for events
- Works closely with hotel departments involved in servicing the groups, updating operating departments of any revisions to meeting arrangements
- Conduct pre-conference briefing meetings.
- Check meeting rooms/arrangements, troubleshoot any problems to ensure guest satisfaction
- Work closely with banquet department on operations/meeting execution.
- Monitor group room blocks and pick up, generate detailed resumes for the operating departments
- Ensure proper posting of meeting/event schedules.
- Work with outside vendors to ensure guest satisfaction for all events/groups
- Perform other duties as required
- Follow the principles of CARE
The Residence Inn by Marriott Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. EOE/AA
***Local residents are encouraged to apply***
Requirements Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent working experience
- At least 3 years Catering and/or Conference Services experience preferred
- Knowledge of Delphi and other sales tracking activity tools
- Previous Marriott brand experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage products, proper preparation and presentation of food and beverage items.
- Knowledge of meeting room capabilities, banquet set-up, audio-visual and any other pertinent details as they relate to function room set-up.
- Ability to speak, read and understand English
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess computer skills, including but not limited to, accounting programs, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Exceptional organizational and supervisory skills
- Ability to supervise train and motivate multiple levels of managers and employees
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of hotel competitive market
- Must possess basic computational ability