Job Title: GM/HBC Manager
As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the GM/HBC Manager provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. Works in the variety department of a grocery store handling mostly non-grocery items. The GM/HBC Manager is held accountable for the department's results in providing superior service, increasing sales, improving gain, and containing cost. Trains, supervises, schedules and assigns duties to GM/HBC Clerks. Follows division guidelines for the implementation of the merchandising program. Changes signs and prices as directed by merchandising. Inventories floor stock daily. Writes variety order. Checks order for completeness upon arrival. Responsible for maintaining appropriate stock of inventory. Views display areas daily to determine stock needed. Opens containers or boxes, removes merchandise, and stocks on store shelves. Shelves are periodically faced and organized. Stock area and variety display areas are kept clean and neat. Rotates product and removes expired product daily.
Safeway GM/HBC Manager employees are generally responsible for completing the following job duties:
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
2. Train, schedule, and supervise GM/HBC workers to ensure optimum staffing patterns for the department.
3. Speak with customers to resolve problems with sales, dissatisfaction with service or product or other problems related with the operation of the GM/HBC area. Maintain cleanliness of department and storage area.
4. Replace stock in displays and on shelves as needed. Makes sure all expired items are removed from the shelves daily.
5. Perform daily inventory and order necessary supplies to maintain adequate inventory.
6. Write and input order into store computer.
7. Monitor inter-office mail and company web page daily for updated information.
8. Other duties as assigned.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
2. Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
3. Ability to work independently when necessary.
4. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
5. Desired: Prior experience as a clerk.
Varies depending on store location and state/county requirements.
%Inside: 100% %Outside: Rare
Temperature Extremes: N/A
Chemicals: Seldom (mild detergents or glass cleaner)
Job Title: GM/HBC Manager
MACHINES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
box cutter, pallet jack, six wheeled cart, shopping cart, step stool, computer, forklift, may use cardboard bailer and trash compactor
Constant (over 70% of the time)
Constantly lifts 1-10 lbs. Frequently lifts 11-20 lbs. Occasionally lifts 21-50 lbs.
Frequently carries 1-10 lbs.
Pushing / Pulling:
Frequently pushes/pulls 1-35 lbs.
Constant knee to shoulder reaching when handling and placing product. Frequent at or above shoulder reaching and overhead reaching when facing upper shelves.
Constant standing while on job. Sitting allowed on breaks.
Constant walking while on job.
Frequent climbing/balancing on step stool to reach upper shelves.
Constant bending of head when stocking. Frequent neck rotation and bending/stooping when stocking, facing and moving stock. Frequent crouching, squatting, kneeling. Seldom twisting or crawling.
Constant handling/grasping. Frequent repetitive motion.
Use of peripheral vision and depth perception to move around crowded store area and push carts in crowded areas. Near vision used to read displays, price sheets, instructions, etc.
Listen to customer's questions, receive instructions or information from other employees. Answer pages or telephone.
Provide information and answer questions for customers or other employees. Page employees and use the telephone.
Safeway will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities who can meet overall job requirements.