Child Care - Assistant Camp DirectorSeasonal Part TimeKirkwood Family YMCAAge Requirement: 18+ years old
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the general direction of the Day Camp Director, the incumbent is responsible for assisting with the overall program, supervision of children and day-to-day operation of the Y Day Camp program. While also ensuring developmentally appropriate practices and paying attention to the safety and individual needs of each camper while modeling, practicing and carrying out YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Assist Day Camp Director with planning, directing, and supervising, Camp Staff.
2. Ensure the individual needs of the children are met for proper coordination of the program within the program sites.
3. Utilize solid judgment and discretionary skills as well as make independent decisions that will affect the Gateway Region YMCA and its departments.
4. Maintain positive relationships with many diverse people, including staff, volunteers and program site administration and demonstrate strong public relations.
5. Ensure YMCA policies and guidelines are followed at all times.
6. Maintain an environment that ensures children's safety and well-being
7. Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities
8. All other duties as assigned. The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Possess at least 2 years' experience working with children and a minimum of 1 year working or attending a camp program
- Must have strong communication, organization and detail skills
- Must have the ability to relate to children, parents, branch staff members and volunteers
- Must pass CPR/First Aid Certification and YMCA required training
- Must follow directions, have strong leadership skills, be self-motivated and possess knowledge of group work principals and processes
- Physical Mobility: walking, climbing, stairs, standing, kneeling, bending, leaning, stooping and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Physical Dexterity: ability to use telephone, computer, electronic equipment, exercise equipment, office equipment (fax, copier, stapler, etc.), tools and machinery as needed.
- Lifting: ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Sensory Requirements: ability to hear, listen, speak, smell, touch, taste, see and distinguish colors.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
Posting ID: 597780417Posted: 2021-01-08