The Director of Sales is responsible for all of HUM Nutrition’s USA-based wholesale business. As a member of the Leadership Team, the position offers the opportunity to lead HUM’s key accounts including Sephora and other leading prestige wholesalers (both digital and B&M) in the USA. The role requires leadership of HUM’s business with these key customers, working closely with the customers’ purchasing, merchandising and marketing teams as well as internally at HUM to develop outstanding sales strategies and deliver impactful marketing support programs that deliver growing revenues. The role reports directly to the COO.
- Lead HUM’s wholesale business with vision and innovation, inspiring your team and the wider Company and fostering a culture of continuous growth and evolution. This encompasses customers’ B&M and digital businesses.
- Be responsible for identifying opportunities for profitable growth within HUM’s prestigious wholesale customer base, oversee development and successful implementation of customer plans (B&M and Digital), build enduring relationships with customers’ senior management, merchandising and digital teams, and provide strategic direction and leadership
- Lead the strategy for developing the wholesale business and achieving the company's annual sales goals
- Lead the successful growth of HUM on customers’ digital sites, showing ability to work with customers’ and HUM’s digital teams to develop an efficient digital marketing strategy.
- Create and lead the execution of a national sales plan to expand HUM Nutrition through our existing wholesale channels & partners, as well as new channels and accounts
- Show ability to develop impactful and innovative trade marketing programs based upon customer insights with internal marketing teams, both for customers’ digital sales as well as B&M.
- Produce business analytics to support the HUM brand This includes the issuance of several standard monthly and quarterly reports as well as general ad-hoc analyses. For all standard reports provide a summary of findings and recommendations to allow the brand to address risks and opportunities to the Brand's Annual Operating Plan.
- Work closely with the Marketing, Product Development and Financial teams in developing business plans as projects move through the Innovation process. Lead and establish high levels of quality, wholesale forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes.
- Lead ongoing assessment of the competitive landscape, and institute changes to the sales program in response to competitors' change
- Inspire your team to execute operational excellence, an unparalleled client experience, maximum profitability and productivity as measured by the P&L and other financial reports.
- Lead a field sales team, ensuring that a consistently high return on investment
- Deliver all aspects of client experience consistently across digital and stores
- Communicate with HUM leadership and direct reports regarding sales reports, marketing campaigns, and day-to-day store operations
- Coach, inspire, develop to maximize the success of your team
- Any other duties assigned by management
Education & Experience Requirements
- Minimum six years in a sales operation, business planning, or sales support management role.
- Direct experience of leadership sales position into Sephora or other prestige retailer.
- College degree from an accredited institution preferred
- Minimum six years of sales or business development experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Passion and deep interest in the HUM brand and the wellbeing sector
- Ability to feel comfortable with marketing on customers’’ digital sites as well as B&M.
- Strong leadership skills - proven ability to lead and develop a team.
- Strong analytical skills, strong excel skills, strong knowledge of the demand planning process and business planning.
- Systems thinking mindset - ability to understand multiple interactions with the demand-driven Supply Chain.
- Strong knowledge of Brands Go-To-Market strategies, brand positioning, and channel strategies.
- Strong management with influence skills – proven ability to work closely with cross functional partners and leadership team (across marketing, finance, supply chain)
- Knowledge of the Marketing, Marketing Research, and Finance functions.
- Demonstration that can learn detailed knowledge of the company’s products and knowledge of competitive products and markets.
- Exhibition of strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Works well with a team.
- Exhibit familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook, including ability to competently develop spreadsheets
- Clearly and effective communication skills
- Possession of strong persuasive abilities
- Demonstration of solid motivational and leadership skills.
- Professional but confident and outgoing demeanor.
At HUM, our mission is to help people look great and feel their absolute best. Our vision is to be the starting point of every beauty routine. As much as we believe that beauty starts from within, we believe success does too. Our mantra applies inside and outside the organization, with a culture that fosters the realization of one's best self. We have become the leader of the inner beauty category not only by providing our customers with an outstanding experience and clinically researched products, but also by providing all of our team members with the tools and support they need to succeed.
HUM lives by the mantra that Beauty Starts from Within. Our line of award-winning nutritional supplements makes it simple and easy to become the best version of yourself. Become a key team member at an exciting and fast-growing company in Los Angeles that just has been nominated by Forbes Magazine as one of the most innovative Consumer Brands.
Our dual route to market encompasses world renowned prestige beauty retailers including Sephora and our fast-growing Direct to Consumer Subscription Service that you can join via HumNutrition.com.
Please read the job description carefully and apply only to openings that match your skill set. Cover letters go a long way and please make sure you have researched our company, products, website and taken the HUM quiz that you can access on our homepage.
Posting ID: 598128181Posted: 2021-03-08