Job Summary Provides residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident's care plan, policies, procedures and as directed by supervision.
Provides residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident's care plan, policies, procedures and as directed by supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist and document residents in all activities of daily living as needed for each individual resident assigned, e.g., vital signs, weight, feeding, oral intake, bathing, grooming, mobility, toileting.
* Conduct shift rounds to observe residents and to ensure nursing and restorative needs are being met. Communicate resident care needs to the Charge Nurse and oncoming shift partners.
* Assist with providing resident centered care initiatives, e.g. the fine dining experience.
* Safely lift and transfer residents using proper lift equipment and safety devices.
* Transport residents to and from in-house and community activities.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
* State of Michigan Certified Nursing Assistant.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Patient care experience in acute care, assisted living or long term care preferred.
At Samaritas, we ask you to join us - to "Be The Rock That Starts The Ripple". A ripple of transformation in the individual lives of the 15,000 people we help each year, and a ripple of positive change throughout our community. Our team is growing at Samaritas! We are seeking more Rocks to join our team. We are always looking for additional employees who want to make a big impact and have a lot of fun doing so as part of an enthusiastic, collaborative team. We want you to be our rock!
We walk with people in need, offering hope and compassion while upholding their dignity, advocating for equality and justice, and seeking creative solutions with those who place their trust in us.
For a Samaritas video preview please click on our video link: https://vimeo.com/344133081
Samaritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled
Posting ID: 599292402Posted: 2021-01-21