Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic's collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We'll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2018 Corporate Equality Index.Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY: The Driver Helper rides on the vehicle and assists a Driver in providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal services for customers who reside on a designated residential route. The Driver Helper is responsible for safely loading waste, as well as carrying bags and containers to the vehicle for disposal. The position assists the Driver in maneuvering his or her vehicle by directing the Driver from the ground. In addition, the Helper helps to maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle, as well as the on the route and in the work area.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Ride on the vehicle to assist the Driver while servicing customers on a designated route.
- Operate packing mechanism and various levers and handles to activate the lifting and loading mechanism
- Clean waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip; spray and clean the hopper and truck, if applicable.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy; report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
- Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in: • Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. • Health care and dependent care spending accounts. • Short- and long-term disability. • Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance. • Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP). • Employee discount programs. • 401(k) plan with a generous company match. • Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).Posted Date:1/13/2021 1:30:32 AMJob Type:Non-exemptReq #:R-033006Location:VA-Fairfax-4619 West Ox Rd (22030)Job Category:General Labor
Posting ID: 599480925Posted: 2021-01-14Job Title: Residential Helper