CarnaudMetalbox Engineering (CMB Engineering) designs, develops and manufactures high-performance metal forming and finishing machinery for the production of beverage, food and aerosol cans. Furthermore, with our commitment to innovation and precision engineering, we continually strive to break the mould. With CMB Engineering, can manufacturers are able to keep up with consumer demands; as well as capitalise on market opportunities, whilst ensuring production efficiency.
CMB Engineering is world renowned for our innovative can making machinery. Founded in the 1930s, in the cradle of the European Industrial Revolution; the company has been developing and designing leading technologies, in Shipley, for almost a century. During this time, a merger formed between Carnaud, a French manufacturer; and a further acquisition by Crown Holdings Incorporated, one of the world's leading producers of metal packaging; have defined the innovative and customer driven company that you see before you today.
The Development (in some instances), Installation, Commissioning, Repair and Maintenance/Support of CMB equipment on customer premises. This will initially be the Decorator but will extend to other machines within the CMB Machine Range.
To help Development (in some instances), Install, Commission, Repair and Maintain/support CMB equipment on customer premises. This would be Decorator focused. There is likely however to be a requirement to train and work independently on other machines within the CMB product range as well as carry out other duties, as and when required.
Other duties include:
- Update Technical Bulletins, keeping customers informed of all the latest developments
- Preparation of visit reports detailing activity when spending time on customer sites
- Identify opportunities for the sale of machine upgrades & enhancements.
- A sound working knowledge of printing machines, ideally from within the can making industry, although this is not essential.
- Any knowledge or experience of working on CMB products would also be good.
- Likely to be an apprentice trained engineer.
- Will have worked in a printing environment, ideally as a mechanical fitter, production engineer, printing engineer or similar in either a capital equipment manufacturer or a can plant.
- Ideally worked remotely on customer sites for extended periods.
- Off set lithographic printing experience would be advantageous
The selected candidate will also possess the following attributes:
- Ability to work independently, without supervision
- Customer focus
- Good attention to detail
- Mechanical engineer/printer
80 - 90%
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.