To provide Leadership and Supervision to support the Pharmacy Department with optimizing and appropriately maintaining all the integration points for the various automated pharmacy information systems. Provides supervision and support for the maintenance, development and builds of pharmacy clinical content in KP HealthConnect to support medical group and Health Plan.
- Directs and supports the work of the MAS Pharmacy integrated MCPS/KPHC team.
- Works collaboratively with and serves as the Pharmacy liaison with Medical Group, KPHC team and Clinical Pharmacy to determine future clinical content and decision support tool requirements.
- Directs and supports development and maintenance of Department Medication Preference lists, SmartSets, Medication AlternativeAlerts, Best Practice Alerts and other types of pharmacy clinical content for the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Participates in inter-regional content collaboration and information sharing.
- Directs and supports the resolution of pharmacy related clinical content and interface issues.
- Reviews and prioritizes pharmacy related release notes for upgrades and enhancements to the EMR.
- Directs and Supports the work related to the testing and validation of PIMS system releases.
- Develops/edits appropriate communications to end users (providers, pharmacy staff) as necessary for new medication management functionality in EMR.
- Provides oversight and supervision for the coordination of efforts with the Pharmacy Warehouse team for drug and allergy databases and formulary management within KPHC, including the Endeavor file load process, weekly EMFI loads and drug activation/deletion.
- Provides oversight for the bridges interface error monitoring, resolution and design/testing of needed interface changes.
- Prioritizes system related projects to align with Pharmacy department goals and initiatives to meet business and regulatory requirements.
- Is liaison to pharmacy benefit team for formulary or other system related issues/projects.
- Develops and implements KPHC content to promote compliance to all regulatory rules and regulations specific to Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), State Boards of Pharmacy, HIPAA, Principles of Responsibility and the proper use of Kaiser Permanente personal computers and applications.
- Is KPHC pharmacy security template owner and reviews EMR system access requests for pharmacy employees and determine appropriate level of access based on job description.
- Interviews, selects, hires, orients, instructs, trains, counsels, evaluates, disciplines and terminates staff.
- Develops and communicates service, performance and quality assurance expectations and sets goals with staff which are consistent with department and regional goals and objectives; provides feedback and follow up.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in pharmacy clinical operations with two (2) years of experience in managing or coordinating systems and personnel required.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience required.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical pharmacist experience required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience developing clinical content for automated medical records required.
- Pharm D Degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed in the State of Maryland, Virginia, or District of Columbia as a Registered Pharmacist required.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required to work with internal and external customers.
- Strong skills in personal computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet, database and graphics required.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience within a production environment, health care related strongly preferred.
- EPIC Ambulatory Application Coordinator certification preferred.
Primary Location: Virginia,Sterling,Central Pharmacy - Sterling Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Variable Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: 9:00 AM Working Hours End: 5:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-MAS-01 NUE Non Union Employee Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor Job Category: Pharmacy Specialty: Management Department: Pharmacy Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.