The HR Business Partner position supports the HR and Employee Relations needs of our West Coast retail service center operations as well as participates in the execution of Company-wide HR programs and practices.
This midlevel opportunity offers a competitive base salary and benefits package, annual bonus opportunity and a 401(k) with generous Company match.
A tremendous opportunity for continued professional advancement in a positive, collaborative and high growth business, the position is based out of the West Coast corporate office in Irvine, CA, reporting directly to the Vice President, HR.
THE COMPANY: Henley Enterprises, Inc. (and our associated entities) is a privately owned Franchisee of Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC). The Company operates over 220 locations in several states including California, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida, and Louisiana. There are over 120 service centers in California and 1,300 employees. Henley projects continued growth moving forward.
POSITION SUMMARY: The HR Business Partner serves as a subject matter expert and advisor on Human Resources-related issues including HR policies, processes and best practices. The HR Business Partner proactively communicates within the HR department as well as with field, regional and corporate employees to deliver value-added HR services in line with the business objectives and core values of the organization. Position responsibilities include some key Human Resource administration duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a member of the Company’s core HR management team, provide key human resource support to front line managers, multi-unit managers and team members.
- Serve as a primary employee relations HR contact for assigned areas.
- Utilize strong project management, facilitation, and communication skills to deliver relevant, effective HR solutions.
- Act as a trusted resource and business partner to department peers, line managers and Company employees on a wide variety of HR topics and guide employees to appropriate people, tools, and resources.
- Guide, train, and direct managers and employees on the implementation of HR policies and processes to ensure appropriate legal (FMLA, ADA, EEOC etc.) and Company policy compliance.
- Closely collaborate and effectively communicate within the department, field staff, regional support and other corporate functions.
- Maintain knowledge of local, state and federal labor laws impacting the business to ensure awareness and compliance.
- Additional duties include performance management support, status change and separation packet prep; HR policies and procedures communication and implementation; etc.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills using a relationship building/consultative approach.
- Capability to interact with people at all organizational levels and manage difficult interpersonal situations with dignity, respect and compassion.
- Ability to effectively facilitate HR-related training (Positive Workplace Environment, Performance Management and other compliance related subjects) and willingness to travel to other areas/regions as appropriate.
- Highly organized; ability to effectively multi-task various projects and priorities to completion.
- Proficiency and/or facility to quickly learn effective operation/administration of the Human Resource Information System (currently UKG UltiPro and Kronos), including producing business analytics through report-writing.
- Expertise in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to professionally handle confidential and sensitive information; natural tendency towards discretion.
- Eagerness to be “hands on” with day to day HR duties, including administrative processes, etc.
- Committed to excellence in service.
- Desire to make a measurable impact.
- Strong interest to learn and grow into a larger role.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BA/BS degree with emphasis in HR or equivalent, or Associates Degree with significant HR work experience and/or HR professional certification (HRCI PHR/SPHR or SHRM CP or SCP).
- 5- 7 years of HR experience within a multi-unit, multi -state retail or retail services environment.
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- 85% of work in a climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions
- 15% of work performed in the field which may include the service center environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may incidentally be required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
- A current valid driver’s license and insurability rating is required; occasional travel by personal vehicle may be required.
- Occasional overnight travel to other areas/regions may be required.
The above description is not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Henley Enterprises, Inc. and its affiliates are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.