Jacobs is seeking talented Network Administrator who are willing and able to obtain a level security Secret clearance as a part of your employment offer through our Clearance Contingent Workforce Program.
As a partner with the United States government and military, the majority of our positions within the Critical Missions Solutions division of Jacobs require individuals to acquire and maintain a DoD security clearance. Secret clearances are used to certify that someone can be trusted with sensitive information. They are granted by the government and are used for specific purposes.
If selected you, you will receive a contingent offer of employment until you are awarded a clearance. Once awarded a clearance, we can then work to place you within Network Adminstrator positions at Jacobs. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the work we are not eligible to hire non-US citizens.Mission Statement
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems. We turn abstract ideas into realities that transform thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancements, scientific discoveries, and cutting-edge manufacturing. With a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific, and project delivery for the government and private sectors.
The rapidly changing and dynamic challenges our U.S. government customers face every day will inspire your ingenuity and challenge you to achieve more than you thought possible.
Be part of an exciting team dedicated to keeping America safe at home and abroad. Jacobs is seeking candidates with experience as a Pricing Director reporting to Pricing Leadership with the Sales & Growth organization of Jacobs CMS.
Join the Jacobs team and put your ingenuity and skills to work to make a difference helping our national security customers achieve mission success.Job Description
Network LAN/WAN Administrators perform tier one and two network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. This position provides administration of network and communications systems, including, but not limited to, Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) systems. NA need solid technical skills and experience with a variety of network protocols, software, and hardware involved in LAN and WAN operations. The position requires strong troubleshooting, analytic and diagnostic skills, along with good communication abilities. This position requires comprehensive knowledge of Government hardware, software, and network components. Network LAN/WAN Administrators are responsible for creating monitoring reports and managing equipment logs, as well as ensuring the functionality of links. This position coordinates network administration and performance requirements with other members of the networking team; identifies, analyzes, and documents long-range requirements, and administers resources related to the enterprise network; prepare technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions. This position researches applicable standards and requirements documents to assure network compliance. Network LAN/WAN administrators plan for and provide reasonable responsiveness in terms of network performance (e.g., availability, reliability, and throughput). This position prepares activity and progress reports for the Government regarding network performance initiatives.Typical duties include:
Qualifications :Educational Requirements:
- Administering the operation of LAN/WAN-related network services according to Government policies and procedures
- Coordinating and implementing network software and hardware upgrades
- Troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN performance, connectivity and related network problems
- Administering LAN/WAN security and malware control measures
- A minimum of four years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems.
- Candidates must have experience with current technologies and, where required for the task, emerging technologies
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II or higher
Essential FunctionsWork Environment
- CCNA OR
- CC DevNet Associate OR
- Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA)
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
Equipment and Machines
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- May require climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders and test equipment.
- May require operating motor vehicles.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
Other Essential Functions
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.