The Project Team Member's responsibility first and foremost is to deliver a premium customer experience by inspiring creativity within our customers and making JOANN their happy place! All Team Members strive to drive sales through advanced product knowledge, innovative merchandising, cutting counter accuracy and an enthusiastic attitude. The Project Team Member assists with special projects in a store such as a new store opening, store remodel, or store relocation. The Project Team Member will also embody the characteristics that tie back to the duties of Hearts, Hands, Minds, and Inspire. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIESHEARTS
• Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model to meet the customer's needs
• Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers' project needs and escorts them to the desired product's location
• Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register, and sales floor HANDS
• Processes customer transactions at the cutting counter and cash register in an efficient and friendly manner with professionalism and precision
• Stocks shelves accurately according to planogram while maintaining a high level of productivity and close attention to detail
• Maintains high standards throughout the sales floor by cleaning and recovering shelves, putting away returns, and cleaning up any spills/messes with a sense of urgency
• Works on special projects for preparing a new store or remodeling a current store
• Lift boxes from the truck and receiving area, place and arrange items on shelves and racks. Required to enter and exit truck beds to remove freight. Unloads freight from the truck and sorts it according to company procedures. Move product from delivering truck to sales floor as needed. MINDS
• Invites customers to participate in store activities such as Education Classes, Custom Framing, and any other event being held at the store
• Proactively drives sales through product knowledge, active selling techniques, suggesting services, and building strong customer relationships to the JOANN brand
• Works to minimize shrink in the store by following proper policies and procedures including, but not limited to, cutting counter accuracy, remnants, damages, and inventory management INSPIRE
• Assists other Team Members with tasks to ensure that the team exceeds expectations from Store Management
• Works with Store Management and other Team Members on projects in a friendly and professional manner
• Assists with the training of new Team Members on running the register, cutting fabric, stocking shelves, and customer service PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break time).
- Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout shift.
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on paper and computer screens.
- Orally communicate with customers and other team members on consistent basis throughout their shift.
- Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
- Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal response).
- Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins, etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
- Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
- Bend down and reach above head.
- Climb and descend ladder.
- Individually lift up to 49 pounds, and group lift up to 97 pounds (under 2 lbs on a constant basis, 10 lbs on a frequent basis, 10-49 lbs on an occasional basis, and 50-97 lbs group lifts on an infrequent basis).
The Project Team Member assists with special projects in a store such as a new store opening, store remodel, or store relocation. The temporary status requires availability that meets the needs of the store. The Project Team Members are generally scheduled to work less than an average of 28 hours per week in a measurement period, as defined by JOANN and are not guaranteed any particular number of hours per week. Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Hours are scheduled according to needs of the store and the team member's availability. SKILLS/COMPETENCIES
Ability to work with customers and employees
Ability to maintain a safe work environment
Ability to interact collaboratively with others
Ability to get work accomplished through others
Ability to communicate effectively in a group environment
Ability to work a varied schedule based on business needs EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Education Minimum: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
Experience Minimum: 1+ years experience in a customer centric environment preferred
This position will be located at:
1709 MONTGOMERY HWY S Hoover, AL 35244 JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.