Headquartered conveniently in the thriving metropolis of Denton, TX, Sally Beauty Holdings is the world's leader in both wholesale and retail distribution of beauty supplies. Join us, as we invite applications for a new Merchandise Financial Planner.
Our team is seeking an innovative and passionate individual to work with our wonderful merchandising team in a finance capacity. This is a unique opportunity to join a fiscally sound retailer who is going through an exciting transformation!
"At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us."
Our Merch Financial Planner will be a srategic partner to Merchants and Planning & Allocation in planning and forecasting financial metrics to support category strategies driving sales, margin, and inventory efficiency.
- Planning and forecasting the future sales, inventory and profits to meet budgetary requirements at the category level. Determine the supporting inventory levels and open to buy.
- Translate long range corporate plans and high level approach to setting and sales, margin and inventory as it relates to merchandise financial strategy into category/department financial strategy. .
- Support the merchandise planning teams and leaders with strong understanding of the budget cycle of spend and reduce risk by striking a balance between hitting financial goals and meeting merchandise strategy goals.
- Work strategically with merchandising, supply chain, and finance to translate vendor commitments, supply chain capacity, store and WH inventory levels, into plans that achieve the sales expectation.
- College degree (BA or BS)
- 5+ years' experience in merchandising planning, inventory management or finance, with past experience in managing a budget for sales, margin and inventory.
- Retail or consumer goods industry experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to plan, forecast, and exercise sound judgment.
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional math ability
- Cross Functional partnership
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of SBH may take advantage of our in house salon with complementary services and a varied selection of food options at our corporate campus. Also, featured at our corporate campus, is both a Sally Beauty and CosmoProf Professional onsite store, where associates enjoy a great merchandise discount!
At SBH, we remain committed to protecting the health and safety of all our customers and associates and maintain the following COVID-19 Precautions:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.