Who are We?
As a JEA Senior Living community and certified Great Place to Work, we are an established and dedicated senior living care provider, where every team member takes great pride and responsibility in creating Meaningful Moments for our residents. We strive to make each resident interaction positive, meaningful, and unique to them. Through an in-depth understanding of our resident's life stories, we are able to Honor their Experience of Aging and create an environment that feels just like home.
If you are interested in building your health care career, providing holistic care for our residents and their families, and would like to see what our community has to offer, apply online and join our amazing team.
Certified by our employees as a Great Place to Work for our 2nd Year in a row!
- 93% of our associates shared "My work has special meaning; this is not "just a job."
- 95% of our associates shared "People celebrate around here"
- 94% of our associates shared "I'm proud to tell others I work here"
- 91% of our associates shared "People care about each other here"
Apply via our Indeed ad or Visit our Careers Page to see other available opportunities.
Questions about the application process? Come visit us and our staff will be happy to assist you Job Highlights
- Possible Pay increases every 90 days
- An employee engaged Scheduling system
- Employee Appreciation events; Attendance Programs, New employee Referral Program
SIGN ON BONUS - $1,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience working with the elderly in a residential or long-term care setting also preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English to communicate effectively with residents, families, visitors, and other staff members.
- Must be able to perform job duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to pass the necessary tests (i.e., CPR, First Aid, Food Handlers, etc.) if required by state regulations.
Essential Functions: Resident Care
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating, transferring, and mobility
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation, socialization, and activity while providing personal care assistance
- Responds to all resident needs and/or requests for care promptly, and provides or obtains assistance with care as necessary
- Upholds Residents' Rights at all times
- Supports and upholds all company policies and care philosophy
- Observes residents for changes in physical, emotional, mental, or behavioral condition, unusual symptoms, accidents, injuries, or unusual occurrences, and reports promptly to a licensed nurse
- Completes all forms and documentation such as incident reports, change of condition reports, and behavior tracking, as requested, and in a timely manner
- Assists in the dining room during resident meal times
- Encourages residents to participate in scheduled activities and outings, and assists with those activities as needed
- Provides residents with opportunities for self expression and enhanced self esteem through spontaneous individual or small group interaction and activity
- Makes resident beds, empties resident garbage, and tidies resident rooms daily and as needed
- Changes resident bed linens according to facility schedule and as needed due to incontinence
- Changes resident towels on bath days and as needed if soiled
- Assists with resident laundry per shift guidelines
- Maintains resident clothing and clothing closet in a clean, neat and orderly manner
- Cleans dining room tables and chairs after meals and snacks
- Notifies Housekeeper of spills and soiled areas; assists with clean-up as needed. When no Housekeeper is on duty, cleans up spills and soils immediately
- Straightens chairs, pillows and decorative items in common areas as needed, and returns items to appropriate location when found out of place
- Assists in cleaning wheelchairs, walkers, and other resident equipment per facility cleaning schedule and as needed
- Assists with dusting, vacuuming, and other housekeeping duties as assigned
- Attends all required staff meetings and in-service training sessions
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and contributes to an atmosphere of team spirit and cooperation within the facility
- Answers phones as needed, in a prompt and courteous manner
- Promotes customer service and positive community relations by treating residents, families, other staff, and all visitors in a courteous, helpful and friendly manner
- Assists with other duties as assigned