Warehouse material handlers are responsible for accurate receiving, storing, picking, and shipping of products to meet Avantor standards of productivity, quality, safety, and customer service. This position is based in an industrial warehouse setting and is a position that is flexible to a wide array of duties within warehousing.
Location: Paris, Kentucky
Payrate: $17.04 per hour
Shift: 1st and 2nd Shifts available
$1500.00 sign on bonus!!!
When you join us, we will provide you training, competitive pay & benefits and opportunities to grow!JOB DESCRIPTION
Warehouse material handlers are responsible for accurate receiving, storing, picking, and shipping of products to meet Avantor standards of productivity, quality, safety, and customer service. This position is based in an industrial warehouse setting and is a position that is flexible to a wide array of duties within warehousing. Warehouse material handlers' essential duties are to perform various tasks in the warehouse such as but not limited to:
- Adhere to all safety precautions and PPE (personal protection equipment) requirements while completing the assigned duties in a safe manner
- Unload trucks, trailers, containers of freight, counting products, compare to manifest to check all shipments for damage, infestation, or production code dates.
- Report shortages, damages, and mis-shipments on appropriate forms.
- Moved safely to storage locations to be efficiently stacked as store merchandise.
- Ensure order pick accuracy and maintain accurate records.
- Utilize appropriate material handling equipment for the task, such as but not limited to fork trucks, cherry pickers, or pallet jacks.
- Operating equipment safely and efficiently to comply with company standards and OSHA requirements; maintain equipment as required.
- Other duties may include repacking materials per customer instructions etc.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- High School education or GED preferred
- OSHA Forklift and HAZMAT certification a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to use proper techniques to lift up to 75 pounds. The ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety is extremely important.
- Must be able to handle stress caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements.
- Must be able to shift priorities easily.
- Must be able to use hands and feet simultaneously and for repetitive movements.
- Must have responsible work habits.
- Must be familiar with warehouse systems.
- Must be available to work any shift.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret SOP's, coverage, documents, and regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the public. Skill and ability to meet people and listen.About Us
Avantor®, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the biopharma, healthcare, education & government, and advanced technologies & applied materials industries. Our portfolio is used in virtually every stage of the most important research, development and production activities in the industries we serve. One of our greatest strengths comes from having a global infrastructure that is strategically located to support the needs of our customers. Our global footprint enables us to serve more than 225,000 customer locations and gives us extensive access to research laboratories and scientists in more than 180 countries. We set science in motion to create a better world.DISCLAIMER:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO Statement
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation