Join First Vehicle Services as Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT)!
We service Beaufort County's entire equipment fleet from small-engines, heavy equipment, Ambulances, and light-duty cars and trucks. Our fleet consists of Ford and Dodge diesel.
Shift schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm
We’re Proud to Offer You:
- $23-$30 per hour based on experience and qualifications + ASE Certifications earn you bonus money!
- A Clean and Positive Work Environment!
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days,
- Company-provided ASE training and testing materials
- Opportunities for advancement nationwide! (Many of our executives were once techs)
As a First Vehicle Services Mechanic, You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Vehicle Services Standards of Excellence
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
- Ensure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers by performing limited repairs with minimal supervision on both basic and complex maintenance such as replacement of light bulbs, fuses, lenses, wiper blades, belts, hoses, batteries, check fluid levels, change fluids and filters and lubricate components.
- Perform mechanical repairs under minimal supervision including the repair of brakes and brake inspections, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches, and other repairs.
- Lead preventative maintenance (PM’s), safety maintenance inspections, and annual maintenance inspections at prescribed intervals of time and usage
- Evaluating completed work prior to release
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area
- Managing parts rooms
- Properly using state of the art paperless maintenance system
- Actively participating in safety and educational training as required
You’ll Need to Have:
- Technical school training is a plus!
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and 5 years of automotive or diesel repair experience (preferred) or equivalent education and experience
- Advanced problem-solving ability
- Valid driver's license
- CDL license is highly preferred
- Possess adequate mechanic tool inventory to complete all assigned duties and maintained in a clean and safe manner
- ASE certifications preferred. Must be willing to obtain while employed (company training & bonuses provided!)
- Subject to a drug screen
- High Value placed on Master ASE Diesel Technicians
- EVT Certified Technicians are highly preferred
So, Who Are We?
We are First Vehicle Services (A Division of FirstGroup America) – a leader in diverse fleet management and maintenance throughout North America. Since 1981, we’ve provided efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services to governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations across the United States.
Don’t Wait! Apply Today!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Posting ID: 601557135Posted: 2021-05-13Job Title: Emergency Vehicle Technician Ambulance