SUMMARY: The job involves being part of a work crew removing litter along designated roadways, performing park maintenance, and driving a contracts truck with a trailer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Must obey all safety rules and regulations.
- Safely drive a company truck with a trailer.
- Safely load and unload park maintenance equipment.
- Pick up litter along designated roadways.
- Bag all picked up litter.
- Load and unload trash bags into truck or trailer.
- Load, unload, set up, and move highway awareness signs
- Mow around trees, shrubs, and picnic pads
- Rake and bag grass clippings
- Trim curbs and areas around trees with a gas-powered trimmer
- Prune shrubs and trees
- Report and make necessary repairs
- Inspect vehicles, trailers, and mowing equipment for safe operation
- Perform before, during, and after operation maintenance
- Maintains a positive team atmosphere and relationship with peers, subordinates, and other departments.
- Work independently without close supervision.
- Work well and cooperate with other.
- Wear proper uniform and protective equipment at all times.
- Attends meetings as scheduled, particularly safety or work-related training sessions
- Represents the company in a positive fashion.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality in all aspects of the work.
- Work to promote safety as a top priority; obey safety rules and regulations at all times
- Must be able to identify potential hazards and implement control measure to reduce risk and maintain a safe work environment.
- Must be able to operate a mower and trimmer in a safe manner without constant supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles (dust, animal hair, and lint) The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes (from trucks and forklifts).
The noise level in the work environment ranges from very quiet to very noisy.
I have read this job description and understand it. I certify that I can perform all of the essential functions of the job and accept the working conditions.
- 21+ years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Drug screening
- Background check
- Valid driver's license