Boiler operators operate, repair, maintain, and adjust boilers, turbines, pumps, compressors, water lines, steam lines, valves, and all related systems and equipment. Boiler operators work in industrial environments such as factories, power plants, warehouses, and in the equipment rooms of large buildings that run on boiler systems. People in this career work all shifts, including nights and weekends, and report directly to floor supervisors or managers. Boiler operators work within boiler rooms and equipment rooms and rarely travel in the course of their day-to-day duties.
* Ensure optimal and continuous operation of mechanical systems by performing routine inspections and maintenance, monitoring metering equipment and adjusting levels as necessary
* Maintain systems by scheduling regular inspections, cleanings, filter replacement and all other tasks necessary to keep all components performing optimally; identify and repair or replace malfunctioning components
* Ensure safety by monitoring safety equipment, identifying potential issues and taking appropriate steps to suspend operations and repair the problem
* Perform necessary repairs and replacements, obtain replacement parts and upgrade components as needed while staying within the budget
* Create and enter properly documented records of inspections, maintenance routines and repairs
* Sustain up-to-date knowledge of developments in relevant technology and make recommendations for overhauls and upgrades
Job Skills & Qualifications
* Minimum 5 years of experience with complex systems and/or the industrial sector
* Supervisory and/or project management experience
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Detail-oriented and highly safety-conscious
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.