Service Desk Engineer GPL Technologies
Founded in 2003, GPL Technologies has been building a team of talented professionals in entertainment, media and post production information technology. Our clients are movie studios, VFX shops and online streaming media companies. We empower creatives to create content.
Our mission is to provide powerful, reliable, and innovative technology services and leadership to creative companies by combining specialized industry expertise with excellence in engineering. Our vision is to expand GPLs presence globally, building an elite force of technology specialists focused on empowering creatives to achieve new heights.
*Please note this position requires on-site visits with clients from time to time*
The ideal person for this position is a person with technical skills as a front-line, client-facing role that requires fortitude, patience, and extremely quick thinking to be successful; a fulfilling career with a great team and upward mobility is the reward. We are looking for a proactive, ambitious, hands-on, and thrive in a fast-paced support or help desk environment.
- Provide front-line phone support to clients via remote assistance and when required, go on-site to resolve issues.
- Triage client issues and rapidly resolve or escalate to Project Engineers or Senior Engineers.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction of delivery of services, responses to request, and escalation management.
- Creation of scripts for automated repetitive processes.
- Validate backup scripts and data integrity.
- Perform day to day system administration of client environments, including but not limited to system monitoring, troubleshooting, and capacity management.
- Clearly document actions taken in out ticketing system. Work with senior engineers to ensure client environments are healthy and SLA goals are met.
- Assist operations staff with inventory management.
- Maintain vendor certifications and engage in continuing self-improvement studies.
- Active Directory administration, user/group management, GPO, DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Basic Networking Firewall rules, switch VLAN and ACL configuration, wireless and troubleshooting.
- Windows/Mac/Linux everyday tasks and endpoint administration.
- Comprehensive Office 365 support abilities.
- VMware and SANs support.
- Virtualized System Administration (knowledge in VMware and Hyper-V).
- Advance experience in working remotely and in person.
- Strong troubleshooting and documentation abilities, writing and communication.
- Utilize remote monitoring and management tools to troubleshoot and fix issues.
- Understands license servers and how to add licenses and reset services.
- Preferred but not mandatory certifications: Microsoft Certifications, Cisco, Red Hat, Linux+, Aerohive ACWA, Aruba ACMA, Palo Alto PCNSE, EMC ISA, Dell Certifications, ITIL Foundation.
- Assist and maintain golden images for common workstation configurations.
If youre interested in improving and exceeding your professional and financial career goals and want to work with some of the industrys best, contact us about joining our team.
GPL CORE VALUES
o We take care of each other and our clients
o Agility is our edge
o Creative problem solvers
o Cool under pressure Clarity
o Clarity, Confidence, Commitment
Posting ID: 602505817Posted: 2021-03-20Job Title: Service Desk Engineer