Penmac Staffing is seeking an experienced Diesel Mechanic who is also willing to get their CDL-A license.
Sunday – Thursday 11pm to 7:30am.
Temp to Hire
Responsibilities: The Garage Diesel Mechanic shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Servicing and repair of diesel tractors, trailers, and refrigeration units.
- Will be required to do a full line of service work on the above-mentioned equipment. In addition, will be required to troubleshoot problems as reported.
- Will be required to do state-approved inspections of equipment.
- May be required to overhaul diesel engines.
- Garage Diesel Mechanic will have to know how to drive tractor-trailer units and trucks in order to
- test drive and ensure repair work is correct.
- The successful candidate must be able to follow both written and verbal instructions and follow blueprint, wiring diagrams and service manuals.
- Must possess good communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to complete written work-reports.
- Must be able to work well independently and with others.
- Must be able to work night shifts, holidays, and weekends. Normally the shifts are 8 1/2 hours per
- day (overtime may be required). Will be required to be on-call during off-hours.
- Must be able to work in both very hot (more than 100 degrees) and very cold (20 degrees below
- zero) and in a very wet and humid environment for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, crawl, climb, squat, and work on items both above the head and at ground level during repair and maintenance operations. Must keep work area safe and clean and work in a safe and efficient manner.
• Welding and soldering skills
• Electrical – Basic skills troubleshooting electrical problems and reading wiring diagrams
• Diesel Repair – Basic working knowledge and/or experience of diesel engine repair and
• Must supply own tools
• Must be willing to attain class A CDL and pass a DOT drug screen and physical
• Willing to be trained on various mechanical skills and subject matter
• C.F.C Refrigeration Type II Certification
• Extensive experience in diesel refrigeration repair
• The ability to arc weld and solder
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified job seekers: Please apply online at www.penmac.com or come into our office located at 447 South Avenue Springfield, MO 65806 to apply. If you have any questions regarding applying for this position, please call 417-616-6305.
Penmac is the largest staffing agency in Springfield, MO. We are proud to be employee-owned. We never charge a job seeker a fee. Penmac is an Equal Opportunity Employer.