Position Title: Language Analyst Reporter 1 Position Identifier: 0458020121 Location: Annapolis Junction, MD U.S. Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI with CI Polygraph Employment Type: Full-Time Shift: Most work is a normal Day shift. Some work may require personnel to work shifts, irregular hours, extended hours, on-call, weekends and more than forty hours per week as dictated by world events. Travel: May require travel on an as needed basis to CONUS and/or OCONUS locations. Description: o The Language Analyst Reporter 1 performs tasks required to draft intelligence reports from voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT Operations. o The Level 1 Language Analyst Reporter shall demonstrate the following cryptologic language processing and reporting skills:
• Recovering essential elements of information
• Rendering translations and/or transcripts based on straightforward, factual written and/or spoken material
• Gisting straightforward, factual written and/or spoken material
• Drafting reports for dissemination
• Typing on an English-language keyboard Qualifications: o Languages: Chinese – Mandarin o High School Diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or equivalent from other countries.
o Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level 2 in Audio Translation Performance and/or Translation Performance from the required language(s) into idiomatic, standard American English. Scores from the NSA Civilian Language Test of Record, valid at time of resume submission, may be used as acceptable validation for text translation and audio translation skill level(s). ILR skill level validation shall be documented within two years prior to resume submission.
o Equivalent of four (4) years full-time experience performing cryptologic language processing in the required language and drafting intelligence reports.
• For at least eighteen (18) months of the four (4) years' experience, translating and/or transcribing, and gisting shall be the primary duties.
• For at least eighteen (18) months of the four (4) years' experience, reporting shall be an integral duty.
• Two (2) of the four (4) years' experience shall be within four (4) years of resume submission.
• One (1) year experience typing on an English keyboard. o Acceptable Experience for Language Analyst Reporter Skill Level 1:
• Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable cryptologic language processing experience: scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials; recovering essential elements of information; gisting, translating and transcribing; and compiling and updating operational working aids and databases.
• Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable reporting experience: conducting target research and analysis; monitoring classified and open sources for useful information; compiling and integrating information; and producing reports using appropriate formats for dissemination. Szanca Overview: Szanca Solutions, Inc. is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Bedford, PA focused on providing quality services and solutions to the Federal Government, Department of Defense, and Intelligence Community. Szanca is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. To apply for this position please send your resume in an MS Word document to and include the Position Identifier in the SUBJECT line.