The Full Stack Java Developer is responsible for participating in the full agile application development life cycle for new development design, construction and testing of Java applications, Microservices, and reusable components to support overall project objectives. The Senior Full Stack Java Developer will continually strive to leverage design patterns, unit testing/ automated test scripts, also participate in peer reviews and unit testing, and must be adaptable to different responsibilities, possess strong communications skills, and have a passion for constantly improving the individual and team effectiveness. • Hands-on experience with Postgres a plus
• Previous government development experience a plus
• Automated testing with cucumber, selenium and protractor
• Experience with Continuation Integration toolsets such as Jenkins
• Thorough understanding and proven delivery experience within a Scrum/agile project lifecycle approach to software development
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviews current systems and presenting ideas for system improvements, including work estimates
• Develops design specifications for components or subsystems within modest to large Web Applications
• Writes clean, well-documented code
• Engages in effective unit and system testing
• Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications; researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements
• Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
• Works closely with analysts, designers and staff
• Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
• Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience in IT related field or a Master’s degree with 6 or more yrs. of exp. in the technology sector.
• 4 years working development efforts that use agile methodologies
• 5+ years of experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer
• Experience with full stack Java web development, including the following technologies: Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Junit, jmeter, SQL, Maven/Gradle and Angular
• Proficiency with Security Protocols
• Analyze system requirements to create modular, object-oriented design for system components
• Create software modules/components with programming based on provisioned designs
• Convert design specifications into software modules using industry standard programming methodologies
• Analysis, classification and maintenance of system data and data relationships. Develop data models necessary to support a system’s functions and operations.
• Experience with test driven development
• Experience with Git, Mercurial or similar distributed source code management tools • Must be a US Citizen and must meet government security requirements.