BAI's Export Controls Compliance Team supports a U.S. government agency conducting cutting-edge science and technology research. Our Analysts assist Federal Program Managers and researchers in complying with U.S. export controls, and support our client in representing the agency's interests in interagency and international technology policy discussions. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following: Assisting a Federal Program Manager in research and analysis of documents with regard to export control policies, regulations and US laws. Attend interagency technology policy meetings to advocate for our agency's interests. Provide expert-level analysis of export control requirements and considerations for science and technology programs and transactions in support of homeland security mission requirements. Perform export control analyses of programs and transactions to determine jurisdiction and classification of hardware, software, and technologies. This job might be for you if: - You enjoy a professional and structured working environment. - You are a quick learner, pay attention to detail, and communicate clearly. - You have experience reviewing technical literature such as science or industry journal publications, technical specification documents, and operations manuals. - You are excited by taking on challenging tasks and finding creative solutions. If you don't know the answer, you'll dig until you find it. Requirements * A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related Hard Science or Engineering area. A graduate degree would be valued but not required.
* Direct experience with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR), including, but not limited to: export control classifications, export authorizations (i.e., licenses, exceptions/exemptions, and NLR), export documentation (e.g., commercial invoice, shipper's letter of instruction, and AES filing), and other related export compliance functions.
* Working experience reviewing technical literature and documentation.
* Proficiency with MS Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* A SECRET Security Clearance (or ability to obtain the clearance). Desired Skills * Experience working at/with private sector or related U.S. Government agencies.
* Experience or academic coursework related to export controls and/or technology policy.
* Previous experience with technically-focused research, either in an academic setting or professional research. Knowledge of technology development efforts or emerging technologies would also be valued. BAI, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Celebrating 20 years of successful Business, BAI - one of Inc. Magazine's 5,000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies In America - has built a strong reputation upon the excellence of our carefully selected employees and the comprehensive, innovative solutions we provide to our government clients. BAI employees are customer-focused, cleared professionals with the education and experience to support a wide spectrum of science and technology, management, analytical, administrative, security, and IT/cybersecurity mission areas. From managing research and education programs in homeland security-related fields to reviewing critical technology acquisition initiatives for compliance with international arms control agreements, our forward-thinking employees are continually positioned to make a positive impact on our country's safety, security, and resilience, now and in the future.