POSITION: Senior Electronic Warfare (EW) Specialist
MINIMUM SECURITY CLEARANCE: Top Secret
LOCATION: Arlington, VA 22217
JOB ID: 19-019
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
STATUS: Full-Time SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Senior EW Specialist will be a subject matter expert in support of the Office of Naval Research’s (ONR) Program Officers (POs) and their ongoing Science and Technology (S&T) portfolios. This should include expertise in areas including: improved threat warning systems; Electronic warfare Support (ES) sensing for wide-area spectrum awareness; decoys and countermeasures against weapon tracking and guidance systems; Electronic Attack (EA) against adversary Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR); and Electronic Protection (EP) of our own weapons and C4ISR from intentional and unintentional interference. Expertise is also required in the management of a basic, applied, and advanced development research program for components, sub-systems, systems, and techniques. The Senior EW Specialist needs an understanding of the ONR’s mission and experience in technology development, technology evaluation, System Engineering and Integration (SE&I), and system optimization to address emergent Naval priorities. The Senior EW specialist should also have technical and operational expertise to assist the ONR Code 31 POs and Managers to develop, manage and execute portfolios that address priority Information, Cyber & Spectrum Superiority S&T requirements. MINIMUM SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS: • Relevant S&T experience in the development of demonstration and prototype hardware, software and systems
• A thorough working knowledge of the phenomenology, development and application of EW technology in relation to naval requirements
• Relevant acquisition program management experience focused on moving technology from S&T to acquisition systems including a working understanding of technical requirements development/risk management, contracts, budgeting and obligations/expenditures management
• Subject matter expertise for the identification and analysis of critical Navy capabilities
• The ability to coordinate interactions and facilitate opportunities for collaboration with multiple agencies and organizations at senior levels of interaction. • Experience as Study Lead for analysis, including modeling and/or simulation projects to identify the preferred analytic process, coordinate agencies’ support for that process, and develop project deliverables.
• Broad naval operational and/or staff experience across one or more operational domains including: sub-surface, surface, aviation and unmanned systems communities.
• The ability to coordinate and evaluate testing efforts.
• The ability to develop/manage program schedules.
• Possess a minimum of a TOP SECRET clearance and be eligible for access to Sensitive Compartmented Intelligence (SCI) at the SI/TK level. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) with 15 years experience or Masters with 20 years experience or a Bachelor of Science (BS) plus 25 years of experience from an accredited college or university in mathematics, engineering, physics, or related sciences. BENEFITS: Envisioneering, Inc. offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package effective date of hire; including 401k, Medical/Dental/Vision, FSA, Short Term, Long Term, AD&D and Life insurance, (employer paid), voluntary life, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Leave, Holidays and much more. As a condition of employment, you must pass a drug and pre-employment drug screening. U.S. Citizenship Required. Candidate must follow all company and non-DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing.
Eligibility for a Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. Please confirm in your cover letter or resume. Envisioneering Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Envisioneering stands in support of equality for and advancement of all people based solely upon the merits of abilities and actions alone, without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability. Resumes held in strict confidence. TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Please submit a current resume with salary requirements to