Our DC Metro based client is looking for Senior Security Engineers. If you are interested in these openings. Please forward a copy of your updated resume in word format to Work location: L'Enfant Plaza
Must Have One of the Following J3 Certifications :
CISSP or one of GCWN, GISF, GSSP, GICSP, CCSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCSNP, CCIE-Security, ECSP, MCSE-Security Expert, or RHCSA/RHCE Certification. Job Description:
The Senior Security Engineer will engineer design and develop cyber security technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks. They will:
• Design, develop, and deploy solutions and verifying the solutions that have been implemented.
• Rapidly adjust designs based on new threat and attack information.
• Design enterprise and systems security throughout the development life cycle; translate technology and environmental conditions (e.g., law and regulation) into security designs and processes.
• Maintain up‐to‐the‐minute currency on attack techniques being used by adversaries against any of the components being engineered into new or updated systems.
• Avoid myths about design controls that are considered to be effective but, in fact, are not.
• Use knowledge about current attacks to identify flaws and weaknesses in the composition and design of networks, remote access schemes, and systems and applications. Specific tasks and deliverables will apply to DHS efforts including the following:
• Pilot of a multi‐cloud security stack providing boundary defenses, visibility, telemetry, and active‐defense of various cloud‐based systems and services as well as potentially any internet connected or wide‐area networked computing systems, services, or resources
• Cloud modernization initiatives migrating on‐premise systems and/or functions and optimizing for cloud capabilities, designs, and secure best practices
• Implementation of cloud‐computing services and capabilities providing additional security enhancements, optimizations, or additions improving the effectiveness and efficiency of efforts to protect DHS mission, systems, and information. Basic Qualification:
The candidate must have or be able to attain a DHS EOD Clearance. At least 7 years of experience supporting mission-critical projects. Performance metrics related to security operations. Cyber Kill Chain and Intelligence Driven Defense hands on knowledge cyber transformation experience cyber analyst experience - Not required. Detailed knowledge of key cyber and network technologies such as Netwitness, Splunk, ArcSight, FireEye. 5+ years experience with system engineering and network and system administration with strong skills in orchestration and automated deployments. Experience with the tools used to design, build, deploy, and maintain infrastructure in a variety of cloud environments.
• Hands-on programming/scripting: 10 years (Required)
• Perl, Python, Shell, etc. Python is must have skills.: 10 years (Required)
• Linux networking: 10 years (Required)
• System engineering and network and system: 10 years (Required)
• Direct Customer Engagement
• Risk Management in Cloud Environment
• Security Architecture Development
• OpenStack Experience
• Ansible experience • RHCSA/RHCE Certification
• Requirements Identification
• Experience working with developers and process improvement
• Experience identifying new tools and/or required upgrades based on ROI
• Recent security operations center (SOC) experience
• 3+ years experience with system engineering and network and system administration with strong skills in orchestration and automated deployments
• Breadth of technical experience and knowledge with designing, building, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure both on-prem and in cloud environments
• Experience configuring and deploying a variety of services on both Linux and Windows
• Experience with Linux networking
• Experience with orchestration and infrastructure automation tools
• Experience configuring and managing virtualized environments
• Hands-on programming/scripting experience and the ability and willingness to learn new languages as needed
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Can work independently In addition, desired Cloud Security Qualifications include:
• Mastery of, and ability applying advanced network, cloud, cybersecurity and system technologies
• Mastery of, and ability applying systems administration and system engineering/ security theories, concepts, methods and best practices throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Mastery in defining solutions using security architecture requirements and customer requirements
• Mastery in designing secure, scalable, highly available fault tolerant cloud systems
• Mastery in selecting the appropriate cloud service based on data, compute, database and cybersecurity requirements
• Mastery in protecting a network against malware
• Mastery in the identification and definition of cloud based security architecture requirements and patterns
• Knowledge of packet‐level analysis
• Knowledge of penetration testing principles, tools, and techniques (e.g., metasploit, neosploit, etc.)
• Knowledge of network access, identity and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure, PKI)