Job Description Come join our Cyber and Intelligence team! Our cyber professionals are defining the future of cybersecurity, providing the most effective prevention, detection, and responses to the broad spectrum and constant evolution of threat actors. Our experts provide actionable, timely intelligence that protects our nation from adversaries intent on disrupting our freedoms and harming our nation. Together, we are an integral part of an important mission -- we go to work every day with the knowledge and pride that our accomplishments make a difference. HII- Technical Solutions Division (TSD) is currently seeking a National Cyber Exercise Planner in their Annapolis Junction, MD location to work supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). This position is focused on cyber security readiness, protection and incident response capabilities by developing, designing and conducting cyber exercises and workshops leading to the development of cyber incident planning artifacts for government and private industry. This position is a contributing member of a team that support all exercise types including seminars, workshops, tabletop exercises, drills, functional exercises, and full-scale exercises. Major activities include CYBER STORM, which is a large, biennial, multi-day full-scale exercise that crosses all of the stakeholder groups and incorporates multiple cabinet-level departments, numerous states and countries, as well as several private sector companies. Essential Job Responsibilities * Provide Team Leadership and SME support to DHS through the new 2020 National Cyber Exercise and Planning Program (NCEPP) doctrine and guiding principles of Program Management, Design and Development, Conduct Evaluation, and Improvement Planning. This includes supporting the NCEPP development of operational capabilities, coordination, and cooperation mechanisms, public-private interoperability and emergency preparedness plans and capabilities across each of five stakeholder constituencies-federal, SLTT (state & territories), DHS internal, private sector, and international.
* Assist the National Exercise Planning Lead, as well as Program Manager and Deputy, for assuring that the work of assigned team is carried out by performing a range of coordinating and supportive duties and responsibilities with minimal to no supervision on most projects. Be able to manage multiple over-lapping exercise planning projects throughout different timelines. * Provide full-spectrum cyberspace operations, Information Warfare, Law Enforcement, Intelligence Community integrations advice and planning support to government leads and all NCEPP planners. This includes all exercise planning processes of developing objectives, exercise designing, scenario developing, developing checklists, developing multi-media presentations, developing measures of effectiveness/performance, creating exercise artifacts, executing cyber exercises and workshops of various sizes. This also includes the coordinating and documenting of after actions reviews/report, findings and lessons learned that leads to iterative improvements in such areas such as developing of cyber incident planning documents and other key cyber security documents and processes.
* Support government's related National Initiative Cybersecurity Education (NICE) related to DHS. * Collaborate with stakeholder seniors and SMEs as required within the DOD (USCYBERCOM/DISA), Law Enforcement (FBI, Secret Service, etc.), and Intelligence Community (NSA, ODNI's Cyber Threat Intelligence Integration Center (CTIIC), and all other government and private sector stake holders as appropriate. * Provide cyber knowledge and experience on DOD's Joint Training System (JTS) and its Joint Event Life Cycle (JELC) exercise planning and execution and how to integrate within the DHS HSEEP processes for applicable integrated exercises. Support planning, coordinating, and de-confliction throughout the JELC with DOD services as needed. * Exercises may include but are not limited to, CYBER STORM, NATIONAL LEVEL EXERCISE, CYBER GUARD, CYBER FLAG, GRIDEX, VIGILANT SHIELD, ARDENT SENTRY, and other smaller-scale exercise like internal/external Table Top Exercises. Minimum Qualifications * 5+ Years with Bachelors or HS diploma 9+ years of relevant experience.
* Significant academic and/or real-world experience leading and/or planning, and coordinating full spectrum cyberspace operations exercises with DHS and/or DOD as listed above in duties and responsibilities. Emphasis on 'whole of community' approach.
* Understanding or experience with DHS's FEMA HSEEP and/or predecessor exercise planning programs.
* Experience supporting DHS, DOD, and other similar exercises such as CYBER STORM, NATIONAL LEVEL EXERCISE, CYBER FLAG, CYBER GUARD, ARDENT SENTRY, VIGILANT SHIELD, and GRIDEX, etc.
* Experience or understanding of the Defense Support to Civil Authorities (DSCA) processes and related laws such as The Stafford Act, The Economy Act, and related Title 18 and 32 authorities.
* Experience or understanding of Executive Order 13800, Strengthening the Cybersecurity of Federal Networks and Critical Infrastructure, 11 May 2017.
* Experience or understanding of DHS National Response Framework, 4th Edition (28 October 2019) * Understanding and knowledge of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Draft Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity (5 December 2017) and NIST Roadmap for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Version 1.1 (25 April 2019). * Knowledge of Cyber Supply Chain Risk Management (C-SCRM) concepts
* Experience with or understanding of ODNI CTIIC's Cyber Threat Framework (CTF).
* Clearance: Must possess and maintain TS with SCI eligibility. Preferred Requirements * Ten years of experience and a MA/MS degree in a related field of study.
* DoD 8140 (DoDD 8570.1M) IAM-II, IAT-II certified, CompTIA SEC+ or equivalent or higher desired but not required. * Project Management Professional (PMP) desired but not required.
* Experience presenting material to senior Government officials and diverse set of interagency and whole of community key stakeholders and experience planning, coordinating, executing, major exercises/events.
* Knowledge of Mod & Sim/Live Virtual Constructive Cyberspace Ranges and cyber techniques, and tools.
* Prior experience with DOD/Joint Cyber Operations, Training, and Exercise Planning. Huntington Ingalls Industries is America's largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII's Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII's Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally. Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.