MetroStar Systems is looking for an Agile Business Analyst to join our world-class engineering team at the US Census Bureau and do great things with their data to support a new Census program. If you want to join a company that values innovation, thought leadership, and customer focused service delivery and are open to working in Washington, DC, we want you to work for MetroStar! You're a great fit if... * You have experience working in project teams that develop software applications in a fast-paced Agile environment
* You have strong process management, negotiating, influencing, and problem resolution skills
* You have supported IT Architecture & Development organization in clarifying functional requirements and functional design during development of solution
* You enjoy interfacing with many types of customer stakeholders to identify their business and software needs through formal and informal stakeholder engagement
You'll love our Business Analyst role if... (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit) * You have at least 5 years of experience with requirements analysis on IT projects dealing with business and technical requirements
* You have experience developing business cases, operational & functional requirements, user stories, use cases, and business process diagrams. * You understand both traditional and Agile Scrum methodologies
* You have a Bachelor's of Science Degree in a related information technology or engineering field
We'll REALLY love you if.... (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out) * You have experience working with back-end developers, user interface/user experience teams, and are familiar with the Lean UX methodology
* You have broad experience across technical components including infrastructure, network, applications, data, and information security
What your day will look like: * You will meet with customers and stakeholders to solicit and help determine business needs and interpret them at a high level to document requests.
* You will conduct analysis on customer requests to identify the proper scope of a solution and help leadership and technical resources determine tools and services to accomplish the request.
* You will document these business and technical solutions in a variety of formats including business cases, operational & functional requirements, user stories, use cases, business process diagrams, mockups, wireframes, and/or any other method necessary to communicate a potential solution to stakeholders.
* You will closely collaborate with testers and developers - reviewing functional test cases to ensure there are no gaps
* You will assist with smoke and regression testing efforts where needed and assist with UAT kick-off sessions
The Admin Stuff: Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a Public Trust. Accordingly, US Citizenship. Please note we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position. The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.