MetroStar Systems is looking for a Technical Program Manager that is passionate about leading software development for enabling Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics for DoD. If you want to join a company that values delivering high-quality products and are open to remote work, we want you to work for MetroStar! Our Defense and Intel. Division is responsible for supporting federal agencies in the Washington, DC area and around the country. Come be a game changer and join our team! You're a great fit if: * You've previously had end to end ownership of data and analytics projects, including product definition, roadmap planning, resource planning and project execution.
* You have interest and experience in the execution and management of strategic technology projects integrating open-source technologies.
* You love solving technical problems in collaborative settings, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
You'll love our Technical Program Manager Position if: * You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or other relevant discipline
* You have five or more years of experience in software development, and 5 or more years of leading engineering teams to consensus with quick problem diagnosis and resolution
* You have a working knowledge of microservices architecture, data management (lineage and provenance tracking etc.) and enterprise security best practices
* You are familiar or interested in implementing Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics techniques
* You have proven track record of leading cross-functional software teams
We'll REALLY love you if: * You have an understanding of the DoD's Platform One's reference architecture
* You have experience and an understanding of Air Force technical environment
* You have contributed to open-source software previously and have delivered conference talks
* You maintain a technical blog or publication
* You have an active Secret Clearance
What your day will look like: * You will be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
* You will be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus.
* You will work closely with the development teams comprised of SDEs, Data Scientists, Product Managers, UX Designers and play a leadership role in product architecture and design
* You will work closely with business and operations leadership, including executive leadership, to define the product and provide updates on the program.
* At the heart of this role is delivery and understanding of the open-source data science and data management ecosystem. You will be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation planning.
The Admin Stuff: Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for potential access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.