Huntington Ingalls Industries is America's largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII's Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII's Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally. Job Description Huntington Ingalls Industries - Technical Solution Division (HII-TSD) is seeking a Senior Computer Systems Engineer to support our customer in Northeren, VA. This individual will work to advance state of the art in Big Data, data analysis, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, and advanced analytics to enchance DoD and IC information processes and technical architectures Essential Job Responsibilities * Provides enterprise-level systems architecture support for the continued enhancement of systems, software, and tools
* Supports rapid-turnaround trade studies/analyses of architecture enhancement alternatives including collaborating to identify emerging capabilities that can be applied to meet mission needs, e.g., in response to National Security events
* Performs assessments of potential technologies and evolving architecture patterns (e.g., AWS Lambda), develops roadmaps for system enhancements using those technologies, and provides recommendations for Government concurrence/approval
* Ensures architecture enhancements are applied to systems in a manner consistent with enterprise objectives, IC Information Environment (IE) technology standards, and the Application Integration Framework
* Collaborates with Mission Owners and users to capture feedback on recommended architecture enhancements Minimum Qualifications * 9 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 7 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; 4 years relevant experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in realted field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 13 years relevant experience.
* Demonstrable experience designing and developing system architectures, definition of system interfaces, and/or system implementation approaches and operational concepts,
* Demonstrable experince with requirement analysis, UML modeling (e.g. SPARX Enterprise Architect, Rational System Architect), AWS familiarity
* Security Clearance: Must possess an active TS/SCI to prior start. In addition must be able to obtain and maintain a post start CI Polygraph Preferred Requirements * Active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.