Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Principal Systems Engineer to join our team in San Diego, CA. Responsibilities included but not limited to : * Engineering, documenting, delivering and maintaining the platforms listed above in accordance with customer specifications and security guidelines
* Applying security patches and performing upgrades for supported platforms
* Diagnosing and resolving the toughest performance, security, and/or technical challenges related to the platforms listed above
* Writing SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) to accomplish repetitive tasks
* Applying automation to repetitive tasks
* Implementing and reporting on systems as part of a larger Capacity Management process
* Mentoring and providing guidance to other system engineers and administrators
* Participating in processes throughout all phases of ITIL Service Lifecycle, including submitting Change Requests
* Performing requirements analysis, requirements gathering, and integration for all platforms listed above.
* Data center design and management, including rack/server placement, HVAC, and power planning
* Providing IT Systems Engineering support on a wide range of technologies, including: VMware vCenter, Horizon View, Site Recovery Manager, HPAC Secure Printing, HP Blade Servers, HP SANs, Certificate Services, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policies and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
* Other tasks to include requirements specification, performance modeling, end-to-end functional analysis, cost estimation, and joint application design.
* Willingness to work after normal duty hours (nights and weekends) as needed. Basic Qualifications: * Requires Bachelor's degree and 7-9years of related experience.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Systems, HP SANs, VMware products, Cisco UCS
* CISSP, Security+ CE or other IAT Level 2 DoD 8570 Certification required
* One of the following certifications is required: MCSE - Microsoft Certified System Engineer, MCSE - Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, MCSA - Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, MCITP - Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional, VMware VCP - VMware Certified Professional, Red Hat Certified System Administrator
* ITIL v3.0 or higher Foundation Certifications highly desired
* Experience with private clouds or automation solutions Physical Requirements: * Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
* Must be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery
* Must be able to position self to maintain office supplies on variable height shelving.
* The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations.
* Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
* Must be able to observe and detect employee deviations from established policy Security Requirements: * Current TS clearance with SCI eligibility and adjudicated within last 6 years. Must be willing to submit to a random CI polygraph. #LI-RB1 ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click and provide your name and contact information.