Overview Railhead Inc. has an immediate opening for a Database Administrator in Afghanistan. The DBA will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the databases supporting an established Identity Management and Collection solution that has led the effort to identify foes in the War on Terror. The position level of effort is 12 hours per day, seven days per week, i.e., 84 hours per week. The successful candidate will provide critical database administration, database management, database optimization, scripting, troubleshooting, patching, and updating for the U.S. Army. A successful candidate must also be self-motivated and able to handle daily tasks on their own with little supervision. Responsibilities * Administer database organizations, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation. Provide technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment.
* Assist applications development staff and users on database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
* Implement and maintain databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, and integration of systems through database design and implementation.
* Maintain database dictionaries and documents JCL, shell scripts and batch processes.
* Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date.
* Manage and test backup and recovery plans. Monitor the replication schema.
* Control access permissions and privileges.
* Develop and implement database monitoring tools.
* Troubleshooting, track, and monitor data flow.
* Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security and serving as the resident database expert for TBS users.
* Interact with customer in response to reported problems and defining requirements.
* Collaborate and coordinate with outside organizations periodically as necessary.
* Perform other IT project work as assigned on a best effort basis. Qualifications * Must currently posses an active DoD Top Secret Clearance and have the ability to obtain an SCI in the future.
* Requires a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 4+ years of Microsoft SQL server administration experience with familiarity of MS SQL syntax (additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree).
* Experience with Windows Server 2012R2 and the ability to install and maintain MS SQL Server 2012R2.
* Experience with and knowledge of advanced data mining techniques. Ability to create data maps and load data and databases onto servers.
* Experience with scripting for the purposes of data manipulation and automating redundant tasks.
* Proficient in the use of PCs and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
* Current CompTIA Security+ (or higher) and Microsoft Certified Solutions Association (MCSA) certifications. About Railhead Railhead, Inc. is a leader in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; cloud and managed IT solutions; engineering, and information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security. We provide training and logistics in support of readiness operations; and operational support services and solutions in support of organizations not limited to DHS, DoD, and the Intelligence Community (IC). We hire mission enablers whom reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion, in order to advance our corporate culture, develop our family of employees into the best they can be, and in turn grow our market share throughout industry. Railhead, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.