Description Job Description: This position is ideal for those who are interested in progressing into a management role, while still working as a task-level engineer on challenging aircraft design projects. For this position, you must have a strong interest in designing and analyzing aircraft - the ideal applicant will have several years of experience with all aspects of flight sciences, including requirements derivation, airframe design, aero-performance analysis, stability and control analysis, and airfoil design. While prior management experience of personnel is not a requirement, it is expected that you are experienced with organizing design teams, assisting in proposal writing, and mentoring others. This position will be approximately 75% direct engineering tasking and 25% management. Essential Mgmt Functions: * Conduct regular meetings with Aero engineering staff (across AS&T division) to communicate issues/concerns, resolve problems, and maintain a high performing culture
* Maintain a continuous improvement (CI) mindset. Define (and create/procure) the tools and processes needed to support CI initiatives.
* Evaluate Team members across the division for skills assessment, training needs, performance, and productivity. It is imperative that both positive and negative employee behaviors are discussed and understood.
* Staffing - participate in resource allocation planning, help with proposal estimates, write hiring requisitions, and conduct interviews
* Review employee timecards, and ensure that labor utilization metrics are being met Essential Engineering Functions: * Evaluate requirements and conduct trade studies to derive new air vehicle designs
* Determine feasibility of new requirements from an aero performance perspective, and provide feedback to customers
* Create aero performance estimates (e.g. range/endurance, stability, etc.)
* Specify wind tunnel performance analysis criteria, and perform data reduction on the data obtained through wind tunnel testing
* Communicate with Mechanical Engineering team to help drive efficient, manufactural aero-structure design solutions
* Communicate with Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) team to drive control parameters
* Explore new, game-changing technological integrations that may have limited prior art for reference.
* Participate in peer reviews, PDRs, CDRs, and other required design reviews
* Participate in interdisciplinary design teams and reviews
* Other duties as assigned Required Skills and Experience: * Management experience of design project teams or direct management of personnel (preferably both)
* Strong aero analysis skills
* Wind tunnel testing experience
* Airframe design experience, centered on OML definition, control surface sizing, etc.
* Ability to effectively and efficiently manage task schedule requirements
* Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
* Ability to work independently, with minimal oversight
* Strong emotional intelligence (EQ)
* Possess managerial skills necessary for building a culture of trust - prior management experience is desired
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Aeronautical Engineering Other Requirements: * U.S. Citizenship
* Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance and any additional Clearances as required Desired Requirements: * Experience in Defense industry
* Existing DoD Clearance
* Significant experience with aircraft design and analysis
Posting ID: 602942938Posted: 2021-04-01Job Title: Associate Manager