Job Title: Service Desk Manager
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust (US Citizenship required) Who Are We?
1901 Group prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges. With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT As-A Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions. We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today. Who We Need:
• A Service Desk Manager to manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of the NMFS IT Service Desk (SD) and its staff
• A leader to develop guidelines, procedures, and prioritization to maintain quality of service and support provided by the Service Desk team
• A Service Desk Manager to create and manage escalation procedures to ensure service level metrics are met or exceeded
• An organized manager to generate timely weekly and monthly status reports with Service Level metrics and project status updates
• A Service Desk Manager to provide management and oversight of SD staff schedules and availability to ensure adequate IVR (phone) coverage and agent availability to support dynamic call volume
• A leader to actively manage and oversee all queues within purview of the SD team, this includes but not limited to the IVR (phones), general queue (email), security alert queue, and individual SD staff queues
• A Service Desk Manager who will continuously monitor ticket queues for work distribution, rerouting tickets assigned to SD staff who are out of the office or over tasked to ensure SLAs are met
• A team member to ensure SD staff are actively working tickets, alerting SD staff of aging tickets that need to be prioritized based on age of ticket, incident type, customer band, and impact level • A self starter who is comfortable working in a face paced environment, shifting from application administration, project tasks, and ticket escalations on the fly throughout the day
• A strong team member to create and update process and policy documentation, manage, create, and update Service Desk and system documentation and SOPs What You'll Spend Most of Your Time Doing
• Ensuring applications are administered for the SD and other federal staff at the request of the federal customer
• Providing support and updates (relating to the SD projects) to the Project Manager
• Be the very last escalation point for tickets • Take escalated and final corrective actions to the SD staff
• Actively managing and overseeing all queues within purview of the SD team, provide management and oversight of SD staff, and ensure SD staff are actively working tickets As a Service Desk Manager, you will:
• Be the leader of a Service Desk team comprised of Tier I agents tasked with answering the phones and triaging the general queue, Tier II agents tasked with escalations from Tier I agents and triaging advanced incidents and service requests, Tier III and Tier IV agents working higher escalated tickets as well as desktop administration, systems administration, and VIP support. • Manage the completion times and intra-project timeline and milestones given to the federal customer
• Location will be Silver Spring, MD (pending post-COVID-19 Reintegration) Are You:
• A skilled Service Desk Manager with 7+ years direct Service Desk Management experience? • Experienced with managing dynamic teams, ranging from Tier I to Tier IV, with mix of both Service Desk management tasks and project tasks?
• Experienced with developing guidelines, procedures, and SOPs?
• Worked in a fast paced environment, with quickly developing requirements and changing priorities?
• US Citizen who can obtain a public trust clearance? Successful Traits in this Role include:
• Team player who is also comfortable working on tasks individually
• Motivated and driven self-starter who analyzes current trends in technology and is comfortable providing recommendations to leadership Minimum Essential Functions:
• Travel to customer site • Working regularly scheduled shifts
• Other physical requirements include lifting items no more than 20 pounds, standing, walking, bending, and squatting Why 1901 Group is a Great Place to Work Benefits:
The health and happiness of our employees and their families is our top priority. That's why we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to help you and your loved ones feel secure. We strive to create the best experience for you, so you can continue doing the things you love. The following represents an overview of our offerings: Health & Wellness
• 1901 Group offers above-industry standard, high-quality medical, pharmacy, dental and vision plans. A single carrier supports our offerings of two medical, two dental and a single, comprehensive vision plan.
• Two Telehealth/Telemedicine services as part of the medical plan, allowing you to get the care you need - including most prescriptions - for a wide range of minor conditions. Flexible Payment Options via Pretax Deductions
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
• Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account Paid Time Off
• Generous leave options to include: vacation, sick leave, all major and federal holidays, jury duty, bereavement, military leave, maternity, and paternity leave. Retirement Savings
• Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) Savings Programs with company match Coverage for the Unexpected or "Just in Case" Moments
• Two Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
• Company-paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
• Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Children Our Focus on Professional & Team Growth:
At 1901 Group we empower our employees with exponential career development and growth opportunities by utilizing a more modern form of employee assessment - quarterly reviews. We put our employees in the driver's seat of their evaluation process - and their development. Learning and development is offered through a variety of platforms, designed to satisfy different learners at different stages within their careers. Employee-Driven Performance Management & Learning
We support a philosophy and approach where "Everyone Learns". Whether it be via online training or domain specific classroom & instructor lead training - we anticipate our employees will constantly seek out new ways to improve themselves - personally and professionally. OTHER CONSIDERATIONS:
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual's primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time. This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. 1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer 1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. 1901 Group "Contingent" offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established: namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance) U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. 1901 Group is a drug free workplace.