A division of Huntington Ingalls Industries Job Description Come join our Cyber and Intelligence team! Our cyber professionals are defining the future of cybersecurity, providing the most effective prevention, detection, and responses to the broad spectrum and constant evolution of threat actors. Our experts provide actionable, timely intelligence that protects our nation from adversaries intent on disrupting our freedoms and harming our nation. Together, we are an integral part of an important mission -- we go to work every day with the knowledge and pride that our accomplishments make a difference. HII-Technical Solutions Division (HII-TSD) is currently seeking an Enterprise Architect. The Enterprise Architect searches, develops, documents, and analyzes enterprise, operational, and system architectures for the Secretary of the Air Force customer in the Washington DC metro area. Essential Job Responsibilities * Develop DOD Architecture Framework-compliant views and associated data.
* Work with functional subject matter experts to collect and describe operational and system processes, nodes, activities, associated inputs, controls, outputs, and mechanisms.
* Prepare, staff, and publish formal Command architecture documents.
* Produce architecture development plans and reports.
* Conduct Strategic Architecture Branch staff actions (tasks, papers, briefings, etc.)
* Research, develop/document, and analyze CCMDs architectures (including business/war fighting/enterprise information environment/intelligence processes and information technology) to identify mission capability gaps, overlaps, and shortfalls; determine and recommend architectural, IT, or process solutions; and research and develop other architecture related documents and plans.
* Participate in DOD Enterprise Architecture conferences; generate minutes and capture key action items.
* Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing complex computer systems.
* Determines systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security.
* Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system.
* Identifies, analyzes, and resolves program support deficiencies.
* Develops and recommends corrective actions.
* May provide technical guidance for database administrators and software developers. Minimum Qualifications * 5-10 years of progressive IT experience in enterprise architecture
* Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) and Joint military experience
* Working knowledge of the DOD Architecture Framework and other key DOD architecture and strategic planning instructions.
* Working knowledge of DOD Architecture Repository System (DARS).
* Advanced Microsoft Word and PowerPoint user capabilities to develop reports and presentations.
* Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and present oral briefs to senior management.
* 14 years relevant experience with Bachelors; 12 years of relevant experience with Masters. An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement for this job.
* Clearance: Must possess and maintain an active TS/SCI clearance Preferred Requirements * Experience utilizing DODAF diagraming tools
* CAMEO NoMagic architecture/modeling tool experience * PMP or equivalent is preferred Huntington Ingalls Industries is America's largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII's Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII's Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally. Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.