Overview: If you’re looking for an interesting, fulfilling career, you’ve come to the right place! At Mission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS), we’re a dynamic team of employees who manage and operate the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS), formerly known as the Nevada Test Site. A premier outdoor, indoor and underground national laboratory for unique, high-level experiments, the NNSS has offices across the country, including Southern Nevada; Santa Barbara and Livermore, California; Washington, D.C.; and Albuquerque and Los Alamos, New Mexico. We’re dedicated to working together as a team to keep our nation safe. Join us! MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs), and HII Nuclear Inc. Responsibilities:
MSTS is seeking a Senior Principal Engineer who will serve as an engineer for the NNSS Facility Hoisting and Rigging (H&R) Program within the Site Services Division, reporting directly to the Fleet, Fuel, & Equipment Manager.
* Supporting and executing all Facility Hoisting and Rigging Program activities at the NNSS and ensure compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Department of Energy (DOE) H&R Standards, and Company documents.
* Interacting frequently with all levels of Management throughout the site. Also interacting with Subject Matter Expert (SME) counterparts throughout the complex to ensure exchange of information with them.
* Develop and review critical lift plans throughout the site.
* Devises solutions to highly complex technical problems of broad scope. Solutions may require resolving conflicting customer expectations and design requirements, utilizing unconventional technology and materials, and cross-disciplinary integration.
* Coordinates complex projects including team members external to MSTS. Focuses on projects of substantial complexity and broad scope, requiring interdisciplinary coordination.
* Interprets and adapts guidelines for specific cases.
* Evaluates processes, procedures, and work instructions to improve performance.
* Prepare work statements for complex subcontracts and procurements, evaluate bids and make recommendations for awards.
* Serve as a consultant to less experienced rigging engineers, providing practical advice on implementation of solutions for H&R operations and lift plan writing.
* Research industry for the latest practices and standards and incorporate into MSTS documents.
* Review Subcontractor H&R Programs against the requirements.
* Ensure processes and deliverables comply with laws, codes, orders, and MSTS policies and procedures.
* Assist Human Resources to develop education or training for the department.
* In addition to fulfilling basic ESH&Q obligations: * Must address all aspects of safety in design and execution of work. * Work may affect public health and safety. * Likely to act as a safety team lead. * May help formulate Environment, Safety, Health & Quality (ESH&Q) protocols. Qualifications:
Due to the nature of our work, US Citizenship is required for all positions.
* Bachelor’s degree in an engineering program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), plus at least 14 years’ relevant experience. Skill building experience must demonstrate either deeper technical specialization or additional cross-disciplinary knowledge. Graduate research experience may be recognized.
* Working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Department of Energy (DOE) H&R Standards with respect to compliance for Hoisting and Rigging operations.
* PE (Professional Engineer) license or other certification, preferred.
* Must exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, and the ability to maintain constructive working relationships at all levels.
* Effective oral and written communication skills, and the ability to understand/explain technical concepts to non-technical personnel/customers/clients.
* Proficient in Microsoft Programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and CAD's capabilities.
* Work hours for this position are 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday – Thursday.
* Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
* Must have a valid driver’s license. Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, “Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites,” will be conducted. Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, and subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, “Counterintelligence Evaluation Program.” Eligibility Requirements – To obtain a clearance, an individual must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, “Personnel Security.” MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a background screening, drug-free workplace.