BAI, Inc. is currently searching for a Security Specialist to join our team in Washington, DC. The Security Specialist must be able to assist with day-to-day operations in a fast-paced environment. Attention-to-detail is essential when dealing with the extremely sensitive and complex security requirements associated with each task. The Security Specialist must be flexible in meeting core hours staffing requirements, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays, as determined by the government. The Security Specialist must be knowledgeable and experienced in general security administration including knowledge of Department of Defense Special Access Programs (SAP) and Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (SCI) security policies, requirements and functions. The Security Specialist should be able to perform and/or provide assistance with any of the specific duties described below: Daily Tasks * Administrative filing and organization
* Receiving and transmitting faxes, including secure faxes
* Destroying, shredding, and conducting security cleanup
* Opening and securing SAP facilities
* Providing for visitor control
* Clerical typing of security-related documents
* Security database entry and retrieval
* Courier and mail runs
* Perform Low to High Assured File Transfers (AFT)
* Security accountability and document control including:
* Maintaining accountability of classified documents
* Marking, wrapping, and distributing classified documents
* Maintaining document control databases
* Transmitting classified documents
* Maintaining and conducting inventories and audits of classified holdings * Personnel security support including:
* Processing personnel access requests (PARs)
* Receiving incoming PARs
* Logging and tracking PAR status
* Routing PARs to appropriate staff members for government review and approval
* Other administrative support, as necessary Requirements * Current Department of Defense Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Clearance.
* Previous experience with Special Access Programs and Sensitive Compartmented Information
* Bachelor's degree and/or military experience preferred, but 4 years' experience or a combination of Associates degree and 2 years' experience will be accepted.
* Working knowledge of MS Office software suite to including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
* Demonstrated customer support, interpersonal skills, and both oral and written communication skills. BAI, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Celebrating 20 years of successful Business, BAI - one of Inc. Magazine's 5,000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies In America - has built a strong reputation upon the excellence of our carefully selected employees and the comprehensive, innovative solutions we provide to our government clients. BAI employees are customer-focused, cleared professionals with the education and experience to support a wide spectrum of science and technology, management, analytical, administrative, security, and IT/cybersecurity mission areas. From managing research and education programs in homeland security-related fields to reviewing critical technology acquisition initiatives for compliance with international arms control agreements, our forward-thinking employees are continually positioned to make a positive impact on our country's safety, security, and resilience, now and in the future.