Avionics Technician Inspects and performs organizational and intermediate level electronic maintenance and modifications on RPA systems and support equipment as required. Applies comprehensive technical knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting manufacturers' manuals or similar documents. Uses common test instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, oscilloscopes and similar equipment to effect repairs. Maintains, repairs, and installs various types of electronic equipment and related devices such as electronic transmitting and receiving equipment, micro and mainframe computers, and industrial measuring, controlling and calibration devices. Performs basic configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, analysis and repair of databases, switches, networks, video systems, and long-haul communications as required. Specific Responsibilities of the Job
* Applies basic and some advanced technical knowledge to solve unusually complex problems that typically cannot be solved solely be referencing manufacturers' manuals or similar documents including determining the location and density of circuitry, evaluating electromagnetic radiation, isolating malfunctions, and incorporating engineering changes.
* Requires a detailed understanding of the interrelationships of circuits, planning work schedules, selecting tools and test instruments, and understanding compliance with maintenance instructions and technical directives.
* Uses common and complex test instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, semiconductor testers, curve tracers, oscilloscopes, high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment.
* Work may be reviewed by the Supervisor for general compliance with accepted practices.
* Maintains, repairs, and installs various types of electronic equipment and related devices such as electronic transmitting and receiving equipment (e.g., radar, radio, telecommunication, sonar, and navigational aids); micro and mainframe computers and terminals; and industrial measuring, controlling equipment, and industrial calibration devices.
* Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in determining malfunctions, and applies skill in restoring equipment operations.
* This technician works under immediate supervision and achieves technical guidance, as required, from a higher-level technician or the supervisor.
* Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested. Minimum Requirements
* Minimum of three-to-five years actual and recent aircraft avionics maintenance experience required
* Must have working knowledge of basic and complex electronics maintenance and repair
* Must possess knowledge of technical publications related to aircraft and missile electronics maintenance
* Must know theory and principles of operation of engines, accessories and components, theory of flight and electronic flight controls, and a thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic principles
* Must be capable of using and reading blueprints, wiring diagrams, and data tables
* Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment
* Must possess basic skills and knowledge in the operation of networks; both hardware and software, to include network topology, standards, and protocols
* Must possess a basic understanding of TELNET and FTP processes, as well as the Microsoft Office Professional suite of software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
* Must be able to provide proof of U.S. citizenship upon hire
* Must submit updated SF-86 within 30 days of hire start date Preferred Qualifications
* Application of technical knowledge of electronic principles in determining malfunctions and skill application in restoring equipment systems and operations
* Associate's degree in a relevant career field
* RPA operations experience
* Prior experience as a Defense Contractor
* Prior experience in RPA aircraft avionics maintenance and repair
* FCC radio telephone license
* Knowledge and ability to administer UNIX and LINUX on both servers and workstations
* Security Plus Certified
* Prior experience installing, upgrading, and administering operating systems and application software in multi-user client/server environments, including UNIX and LINUX Clearance
Current DoD TS/SCI Security Clearance Education
Must have high school diploma, or have completed relevant military and/or vocational technical school curriculum Security Plus Certified within 90 Days of employment
Solution One Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.