Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World Humanitarian Advisor Macfadden, now part of PAE, is seeking a Program Advisor to support the Office of Global Policy, Partnerships, Programs and Communications (G3PC) under the Humanitarian Assistance Support Contract (HASC) to the U.S. Agency for International Development, Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). The Program Advisor provides critical analysis on programming, grant-making and procurement regulations and interfaces regularly with Disaster Response Divisions. The Advisor will also work with other parts of the BHA Bureau, with the Office of General Counsel, and with the Office of Acquisition and Assistance (OAA) to ensure grant-making processes are functioning in an effective manner. The Advisor will also anticipate and draft documents and briefing memos on humanitarian issues for important meetings and events. The Program Advisor also provides critical analysis on humanitarian policy issues, works closely with high-ranking officials within the international community, and serves as a key source of information on humanitarian issues and humanitarian policy for the office. He/She will help plan organizational strategies and responses to humanitarian crises, actively work with members of UN delegations on U.S. positions on humanitarian issues, provide effective liaisons with the UN offices in Geneva, Rome and New York, and anticipate and prepare documents and briefing memos on humanitarian issues for important meetings and events. The assignment involves providing expert analytical and advisory support on humanitarian issues for the planning, development and execution of U.S. foreign policy within a broad and complex geographic or functional specialty area. The work requires applying a rigorous analytical approach to data and the Program Advisor will receive general guidance but will be expected to execute independent judgment and analysis. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Award Portfolio Management: * Draft all documentation to obtain timely award approval.
* Review program reports to ensure that program objectives are achieved. * Support consistency in grant management process across partner agencies. Award Guidelines and Regulations: * Promote uniform policies and procedures for relating to partner agencies on grant management. * Brief partner agencies, conduct trainings as directed and help disseminate information on OFDA grants guidelines.
* Participate on Agency-wide working groups to ensure award consistency across all levels.
* Develop expertise on the interagency agreement process. External Relations : * Work with the relevant G3PC Division Directors to organize meetings and events. * Participate in discussions related to the work of the current emergency responses when requested.
* Work with the G3PC Division Directors to coordinate visits of senior UN officials engaged in programmatic responses to ongoing humanitarian crises. Policy Support: * Anticipate the needs of the organization regarding developments in the areas of humanitarian affairs and prepare analyses, briefings, documents and meetings as required.
* Attend various NGO, UN, and other meetings and provide authoritative information and views to formulate humanitarian policies and coordinate strategies on policy issues.
* Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with other relevant USG offices and serve as an expert point of contact for these groups in the area of humanitarian affairs.
* Work with counterparts in other donor organizations at the most senior levels to exchange information, establish meetings on specific donor issues, solicit publications, and collect information on training opportunities; coordinate these activities with relevant USAID officers.
* Advise BHA/G3PC staff on issues regarding donations and requests for USG support and information sharing from private and public interest groups, including those formed on an ad hoc basis during disaster assistance operations.
* Support the drafting, editing, and dissemination of written products, such as reports, fact sheets, and briefing documents, within BHA/G3PC. Administrative and Other General Duties and Responsibilities : * Participate in the drafting of memoranda and briefing papers where input from the G3PC Office is required. * Assist in any follow-up actions regarding ongoing and current emergency programs. * Draft routine responses to partner or staff inquiries and participate in making recommendations to resolve issues, as appropriate. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES The position requires a thorough understanding of the international humanitarian assistance environment, operations, related policies, regulations, and inter-relationships among the USG, donor and other international organizations. Detailed knowledge of humanitarian operations and partner programming - at country and at global level - is required. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE * Education: Bachelor's degree / 8 years of experience, or Master's degree / 6 years of experience.
* Skills: Computer proficiency required to include strong applied knowledge MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), as well as email and internet applications. Must be able to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment and be able to effectively shift priorities and multi-task. The candidate must have excellent organizational skills and must be reliable. PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law Poster EEO is the Law Poster Supplement