REQ#: RQ57985 Travel Required: Less than 10% Requisition Type: Regular GDIT is looking for a Combat System Engineer to join a cross functional application development team tasked with sustaining the United State Navy (USN) AEGIS-based weapon system and its transition from the existing monolithic software architecture into an architecture using service mesh and microservices. During the transition the team needs to ensure compatibility with a fully functional AEGIS Combat System (ACS) and with other AEGIS-based Combat Systems. This position is not yet funded. The skillset of the Combat System Engineer incorporates duties and responsibilities commonly associated with combat system analysis, testing and software quality assurance. The successful candidate must have * More than two years of experience analyzing one or more of the following domains: Weapon System Operation, Command and Control Systems, Integrated Air and Missile Defense Sensors, Integrated Air and Missile Defense Weapons
* More than two years of experience in software testing and more than 1 year of experience in software quality assurance
* Familiarity with agile software development, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and DevSecOps
* Familiarity with USN AEGIS base weapon system and Navy operations In support of the cross functional team the Combat System Engineer * Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
* Tests and proves that the software meets major architectural requirements
* Develops and automates tests for software verification
* Prepares files defect reports and report test progress
* Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
* Codes applications and tests to software requirements
* Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
* Writes or updates software specifications.
* Records all inputs and outputs of systems, including file sizes, data bank requirements, variability of information and appropriate statistical measures such as frequency, volume, peaking, etc.
* Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
* Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
* Documents test cases
* Performs and documents risk analysis
* Records test progress and results
* Creates test plans
* Develops standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness
* Discovers bugs within software
* Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes
* Identify, isolate, and track bugs throughout testing
* Identify any potential problems that users might encounter
* Perform manual and automated testing
* Research and analyze product features being tested
* Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes
* Reviews user interfaces for consistency and functionality
* Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
* Participates in special projects as required We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.