REQ#: RQ57977 Travel Required: Less than 10% Requisition Type: Regular GDIT is standing up a cross functional software development team to development software for the United States Navy (Navy) in the DC metro area. The DevOps Manager provides leadership for a GDIT software development team in a Government-Owned-Contractor-Operated (GOCO) DevSecOps operational environment. The team, working with other contractor teams, shall assist the Government in sustaining a military Command and Control (C2) systems architecture as it evolves from the existing monolithic software architecture into an architecture using service mesh and microservices. During the transition the team needs to ensure compatibility with currently fielded systems and system variants. The DevOps manager requires the following skills / experience: * Strong communication / collaboration skills, able to inspire teammates to embrace the DevOps culture, builds connections and relieves bottlenecks between and within development and operations teams, and translate goals to ensure a flawless stakeholder experience
* Management by walking about, observe and listen to teammates an stakeholders to learn their concerns, adapt processes procedures to meet these concerns, build change consensus, and willingness to change based on team and stakeholder feedback.
* CI/CD Pipeline implementation and integration expertise using Jenkins, Git, Nexus/Artifactory, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm and/or OpenShift technologies
* Infrastructure as Code (IaC) design principles and implementation expertise using CloudFormation templates, Terraform modules and/or Ansible playbooks
* Configuration and implementation experience of Static and Dynamic Application Security Testing (SAST/DAST) tools
* Integration of security into the inception and throughout DevOps processes and procedures
* Clear understanding and demonstrated exercise of automation technologies and tools
* Cloud certifications from either Amazon or Microsoft
* Establishment of continuous testing operational environments executing automated tests
* Passion for continuous improvement to improve productivity and stakeholder satisfaction The DevOps Manager: * Directly, and through subordinate managers, oversees employees engaged in the design and development of computer software applications.
* Collaborates with other contractor / government development teams to prioritize software development needs including design, development, and documenting and testing new and existing software.
* Establishes DevOps processes and procedures in cooperation with other contractor / government development teams, monitors their use, assesses possible improvements, plans and directs improvements
* Evaluates results within GDIT Team to access achievement of organizational objectives
* Analyzes and resolves software development issues and needs in terms of the softwares full life cycle. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS, 10+ years experience Secret Clearance We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.