REQ#: RQ58433 Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Regular Principal Duties and Responsibilities: An I2TS 3 Systems Administrator will: * Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions
* Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
* Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
* Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
* Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
* Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
* Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
* Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
* Install/load operating system and application software
* Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
* Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
* Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
* Responsible for the design and implementation of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware Desirable Skills / Experience: * Possess an expert working knowledge and understanding of system administration interdependencies as part of the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
* Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration Education Required: * High School Diploma/GED with 12 years of related experience, or Associate's Degree with 10 years of experience, or Bachelor's Degree with 8 years of experience, or Master's Degree with 6 years of experience Certification(s): * DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
* Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
* Desired Computing Environment certification: MCSE Microsoft Server 2012, Solaris 10, Linux+, VCP5, etc. Security Clearance: * TS/SCI required We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.