REQ#: RQ66932 Travel Required: None Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular **Position requires an active in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.** This req is for a proposal opportunity The Action Officer provides Director's Action Group (DAG) support in accordance with established organization/office policies, regulations, and procedures. The Action Officer directs and oversees the receipt, tasking, tracking and closure of all internal and external tasks. The Action Officer manages the action tracking system. The Action Officer establishes and maintains effective working relationships with customers and other stakeholders of the Directorate/Office both internally and externally. Personnel at this level shall be able to perform all of the tasks and demonstrate the desired skill set of an Intermediate Level Action Officer. Tasks * Lead, develop and streamline DAG support functions and maintain SOPs
* Identify internal and external issues that may impact the customer and take appropriate action as approved by the US Government
* Draft, consolidate, coordinate and edit executive-level documentation to ensure consistency with organizational strategic objectives; apply an in-depth knowledge and understanding of DoD/IC issues, policies, programs and procedures affecting the customer
* Make recommendations and prepare briefings, point papers and other materials based on analysis of complex policy issues and documents
* Participate in external committees, IPT, working groups and task forces
* Ensure critical information is disseminated to internal and external agencies including the Office of Secretary of Defense, Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) and mission partner equivalent offices Desired Skill Set * Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: federal acquisitions, Department of Defense (DoD) or the /Intelligence Community (IC) budget & finance processes, and National Security policy
* Demonstrated experience in systems engineering or project/ program management or both.
* Demonstrated experience working with senior executives at multiple organizational levels
* Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office and standard computer applications
* Demonstrated experience adapting to a rapidly changing work environment while maintaining flexibility and versatility
* Demonstrated experience fostering solid relationships that promote cooperation and communicate expectations
* Demonstrated experience analyzing situations and make well informed decision
* Demonstrated experience communicating effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience Qualifications: * Bachelor's degree
* 10 year of related Action Officer experience Why Work at General Dynamics IT? * Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field * Support missions that make a difference to our Nation * Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do * Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
* Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
* Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor . #ISDCJ #DPOST This req is not yet funded. The position is pending award. We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.