REQ#: RQ57979 Travel Required: Less than 10% Requisition Type: Regular GDIT is looking for a Software Engineer Advisor to join a cross functional application development team tasked with sustaining a military Command and Control (C2) system and its transition from the existing monolithic software architecture into an architecture using service mesh and microservices. During the transition the team needs to ensure compatibility with currently fielded system and system variants. This position is not yet funded. The successful candidate must have * More than eight years of software development experience
* More than two years of experience in software management and managing a backlog of requirements
* More than one year of experience mentoring software developers
* Agile development experience using Git, Jira and Confluence tools
* Strong understanding of Object Oriented principles, Microservices technologies and Test Driven Development (Junit, Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter, and IDT ATRT)
* Software modernization expertise using 12-Factor App Methodology
* Ensures user stories are "ready" for development to start work.
* Ensures each story has the correct acceptance criteria.
* Gathers, manages, and prioritizes the product backlog.
* Ensures close collaboration with the development team.
* Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
* Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
* Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
* Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
* Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
* Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
* Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements
* Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers
* May serve as a technical team or task leader
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned Participates in special projects as required We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.