REQ#: RQ69335 Travel Required: Less than 10% Requisition Type: Regular Contributes to completion of specific engineering programs and projects. Develops solutions to a variety of complex engineering problems of moderate scope and complexity. Performs complex systems design, development, and integration from the start of a systems life cycle to the end. Oversight of complex infrastructure including installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software, and system management tools. Performs complex systems modeling, simulation, and analysis. Performs continual maintenance and provides complex solutions for security, backup and redundancy problems. Prepares and maintains a range of documentation for processes and procedures related to engineering projects. May provide guidance to less-experienced Systems Engineers. Maintains current knowledge of rapidly changing technology. May coach and review the work of less-experienced professionals. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 5+ years of experience Program Specific Requirements: Technical Systems Integrator works across multiple projects to support operational project planning, engineering services, logistics, and business plans. Facilitates the necessary processes, procedures, requirements definition, and integration with vendors and program elements that will lead to effective project execution. Strong time management and briefing skills are essential. This responsibility requires outstanding communication skills (both oral and written), the proven ability to work effectively with stakeholders, and a willingness to develop meaningful mission partnerships. Experience in IT systems, electrical and mechanical engineering is key and experience with construction management is desired. The duties required by the Technical Systems Integrator are performed in coordination with the Sponsor vendors and managers and require making cooperative decisions and execution of project resources, planning and implementation of operations and services, and accountability for outcomes including corporate interests. Work at this level entails influencing projects to meet requirements in a cost-effective efficient manner and provide excellent performance, availability, and services. The work includes managing information through its entire lifecycle: creation, classification, data management and use, review and release, and dispositions. Specifically, the work includes advice and guidance to experts and managers on a broad range of issues; ensure programs and projects follow project management protocols; and represent the organization as a member of various boards and working groups. Work is performed collaboratively and involves the development and implementation of long-range plans; assessment of capability feasibility; performance and cost/benefit analyses; and prioritization of initiatives. Specific Duties Include: * Define and document the implementation of technical requirements to properly task Sponsor vendors and partners
* Develop plans and schedules for multiple projects in specific life-cycle stages
* Develop and maintain, or oversee the development and maintenance of appropriate project documentation
* Use established project management procedures to monitor cost, schedule and performance, assesses variances from the plan, and take necessary corrective action.
* Participate in budget planning activities and develop cost estimating strategies for future projects.
* Estimate costs and other resources required to accomplish work
* Recognize issues and adapt project plans according to feedback on project cost, schedule, quality, and performance. Required and Preferred Skills and Qualifications: Required: * Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph with most recent BI/Polygraph data with the last five years; or the ability to successfully complete required security processing to meet this requirement.
* Experience performing Technical Systems Integrator duties with demonstrated success in achieving programmatic milestones and handling problem resolution while monitoring cost, schedule and performance.
* Experience managing requirements that support engineering systems such as Mechanical and/or Electrical projects.
* Experience briefing stakeholders and other varying levels of management on project requirements and timelines.
* Ability to develop and maintain appropriate project documentation in a clear, concise fashion
* Proven ability to manage/prioritize multiple project requirements and work in a team environment or independently with good judgement and personal initiative. Preferred: * A bachelor's degree is a STEM discipline (e.g., engineering, computer science, mathematics, systems engineering, program management, arts or trades) is desired.
* Prior Program experience is highly desired
* Ability to develop and leverage an extensive internal/external network of professional relationships with customers, colleagues, and service providers and the ability to effectively plan and organize projects and resources
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired.
* Experience with commercial procurement, property management, inventories, providing facility support, and familiarity with construction and maintenance activities. We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.