REQ#: RQ76278 Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Regular In support of a DoD customer, the Cloud Architect will: * Responsible for architecting and Engineering cloud environment.
* Performs cloud virtualization system setup and engineering; manages the system views and solves related cloud issues.
* Design, document, and facilitate the build and configuration of the cloud environment(s); oversees programs cloud computing strategy, including cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring.
* Analyze user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
* Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
* Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. * Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations Develop system architecture and system design documentation.
* Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
* Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
* Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
* Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Qualifications: * Mandatory Security Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
* Experience analyzing cloud requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop cloud system specifications
* Experience providing expert guidance and direction to senior level cloud engineers and administrators
* Certified AWS System Architect
* Must presently be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2 preferred); must be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) by date of security indoctrination with any necessary continuing education (CE) for certification
* BA/BS Degree
* 10+ Years of Experience Benefits of this Position: * Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
* Professional Development Assistance - Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
* Educational Reimbursement - toward degree programs and individual coursework
* 401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
* Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
* We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays Why Work at General Dynamics IT? * Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field * Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
* Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do * Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
* Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
* Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
* General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor . #GDITPriority #ISDCJ #DPOST We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.